Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

Is the twister condsidered a leg lock??

At my school you cant do leg lock unless you first agree on them and most peolple will not agree to use them! I am just wondering would the twister be considered a leg lock or what..>? You know at school how they say no leg lock or foot lock so the twister??

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    The Twister is a spine crank. Its illegal in a lot of competitions I have noticed. But I'll take the disqualification with a twister. Feels just as good.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    All depends on the school. I can tell you for a fact that the Gracie Barra Instructor I used to train with considered the LOCKDOWN a friggin leg lock "It goes against the knee..." he would yell at me. "This is illegals move" You notice I said USED to train with. Not to poke fun or highlight his opinion but the lockdown may be their issue with the twister. Crazy

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    I believe the twister is technically a spine lock.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    The twister finish is a spine lock when you finish it. Up until you grab the neck though it's more like a hip lock, I can't see any reason why someone would be against you using the path from the twister roll, to the truck, and stopping before the neck crank... other than maybe a very curriculum minded instructor who would rather you invest your time into taking the back rather than going for the twister.

Array

School
    unaffiliated
    Yo neale what happens if you don't tap from a twister?

there are some badasses guys like the original gracies and they would never tap from it

has this ever happened over there?