Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I pulled a gogoplata(my old MMA instructor taught me) at my very first competition and ref asked me which 10P school I train at. I told him that I have no idea what 10P is..... so we talked for a while and he gave me some info on Master Eddie and the system. I have been hooked every since!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I watched a YouTube video where Eddie was breaking the Rubber Guard and the jiu claw to Dean Lister and group of fighters back in the day. Remembered it when I got into Jiu Jitsu when I was in Afghanistan, went online and joined the forum that day. The rest is history

After watching the UFC!
    Who wouldn't want to learn jiu-jitsu after seeing the first 10 or so UFC events!?
    And what better way to learn than in a school where you can wear cool spats instead of weird robes.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    word
    Quote Originally Posted by CheddarWert View Post
    After watching the UFC!
    Who wouldn't want to learn jiu-jitsu after seeing the first 10 or so UFC events!?
    And what better way to learn than in a school where you can wear cool spats instead of weird robes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    awww thats like hugs and kisses on valentines day Coach Xx

I saw mastering the Rubber Guard about 5 years ago, year and a half later I found out there was a 10th planet in Melbourne Australia (only 5 hours away), Met Frank and have been coming back ever since, have found some loyal dawgs in my hometown to train with, while making some of my best friends at our Melbourne home.

Special mention to Coach Frank Barca, this man changed my life, he's became not only my coach and mentor, but one of my closest friends, he is my family, Eddies dvd got me in the door, Coach Barca Addicted me to our system and life! I can not speak highly enough of this man. Frank Barca Bleeds 10th planet, he makes dreams come true and changes lives... Drink his coolade Australians, meeting this man was the greatest thing i've done in my life...

This year I live the dream as I travel to HQ with both Coach Barca and Josh (10thp Sunshine) to train and watch Metamoris 3 from the front row.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Kabooooooom!!
    Thanks grubs

Quote Originally Posted by matt grubb View Post
    awww thats like hugs and kisses on valentines day coach xx

i saw mastering the rubber guard about 5 years ago, year and a half later i found out there was a 10th planet in melbourne australia (only 5 hours away), met frank and have been coming back ever since, have found some loyal dawgs in my hometown to train with, while making some of my best friends at our melbourne home.

Special mention to coach frank barca, this man changed my life, he's became not only my coach and mentor, but one of my closest friends, he is my family, eddies dvd got me in the door, coach barca addicted me to our system and life! I can not speak highly enough of this man. Frank barca bleeds 10th planet, he makes dreams come true and changes lives... Drink his coolade australians, meeting this man was the greatest thing i've done in my life...

This year i live the dream as i travel to hq with both coach barca and josh (10thp sunshine) to train and watch metamoris 3 from the front row.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    Hobart, Tasmania.. The little island south of Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Grubb View Post

I saw mastering the Rubber Guard about 5 years ago, year and a half later I found out there was a 10th planet in Melbourne Australia (only 5 hours away), Met Frank and have been coming back ever since, have found some loyal dawgs in my hometown to train with, while making some of my best friends at our Melbourne home.

Special mention to Coach Frank Barca, this man changed my life, he's became not only my coach and mentor, but one of my closest friends, he is my family, Eddies dvd got me in the door, Coach Barca Addicted me to our system and life! I can not speak highly enough of this man. Frank Barca Bleeds 10th planet, he makes dreams come true and changes lives... Drink his coolade Australians, meeting this man was the greatest thing i've done in my life...
    Oh man Grubbs you hit the nail on the head here dude!
    10th Planet in Aus us huge, for being such a small dude Frank is larger than life. #GrankLife

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    I'm also here because of Frank Barca.
    5 years back I was at a gym 'training' MMA when I came across Frank in an article for Aussie MMA magazine.
    It was my first glimpse of the spider-web to arm bar transition.
    Now I'd read BJJ tutorials before but the way Frank broke it down and seeing the system for the first time it jumped off the page at me and I knew it was special.
    So that weekend I jumped in my car and drove the 2 hrs to his gym.

He gave me the basic lockdown path that first visit all the while saying "Eddie does this here..." And "Eddie likes to do this...", I had no idea who Eddie was!
    Of course I well & truly do now, but I was there that day to train with Frank.
    And even after a white belt Adam Gray triangled me 100 times in 3 mins I knew I'd found a home, an Instructor & someone I'm proud to call friend.

At this time I was in terrible shape (40kg overweight) and stinking up the gym and just struggling to do anything on the mats.
    After that one visit though it was like night and day, I swept everyone with old school and even tapped some fools with just the lockdown!
    I don't think there's a word for how happy I was, and I knew this system was legit.

After that I typed Eddie Bravo & 10th Planet into the YouTube search engine and a 10th Planet soldier was born!

I've accomplished a lot since I started under Frank, but I owe it all to him.
    Even my work ethic of just keep working cones from his, watching how he's evolved over the past few years to the unbelievable knowledgable coach & mentor he is today.
    He sets the benchmark for all 10th Planet warriors here in Oz and I look to his example to be the best ambassador I can be for our great Martial art.

So that's my long ass intro to 10P, and I think this just officially became the we love Frank Barca thread

Array

School
    cobra kai
    before joining an actual gym i was rolling at open mats held at 10th planet seoul. wasn't even aware there was a whole system, just thought it was any other bjj school. dude showed me the lockdown, and the instructor told me if i wanted to do anything 10th planet related, i MUST know the lockdown.

joined korean top team months later, learned the lockdown, swept so many guys with electric chair and old school and that was that.

Array

School
    Combat Society
    A combination of old submissions 101 vids with 10P banners in the background and hearing Eddie on JRE and realising he was actually pretty funny and cool.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast