Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRace727 View Post

This is his way of defeating the rubber guard...
    I think Josh Barnett was closer...
    What a joke.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I love how at 1:55 of that last video he's like "soo.. now that youre trapped in an omaplata.. you just want to pretend youre not and have your student loosen up so you can just pull it out." haha

Array

School
    Riverside Submission
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Green View Post
    Thats what he is trying to do...

From what I gather- he was a pretty good wrestler...so, would you even use rubber guard on him?? Why would his challenge be just to pull rubber guard...? Thats the problem with all these ass clowns...they think the system is all just the rubber guard....like guys who train it dont know how to do anything else...If he wants to tape it so bad and make a name for himself - he should foot the bill and fly to CA...but he wont
    don't they get it....it's a whole system!! That's why I love my spot...this guy has 10 years BJJ and 6 years wrestling so you get a split, especially with some of the arm and neck cranks. So then I'm assing around in class talking about rubber guard with a purple belt man and it's a firm part of his ground game as he's an MMA fighter. He actually talked to me at length about when he goes to the 10th planet tool box and when he goes to wrestling and what not. I just don't get those who bark superiority in something.

As for the publicity stunt...with the coming of UFC Gyms on every corner, he should be trying to support not do lame publicity stunts.

Array

School
    McMahon BJJ
    Denny P. ! Go get him!!!

Array

School
    Anu Academy
    Guys like this will never learn because they can't get passed their own foolishness...

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    wow this guy wasnt even close and the student is so lost its funny as hell lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Vancouver
    this clip above is ridiculous, what a terrible video, a lot of the 10th planet defence stuff from 3rd party people on youtube is total garbage. We need some defence clips on mastering the system!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    File this under Comedy.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Let me preface this be stating that I have never trained or met either Kevin Green nor Ken Primola, nor do I know them personally. I hope to one day get the opportunity to learn from both of them. I see great value in learning each of their respective styles of BJJ.

Ken's dojo is in the town next to 10th Planet Delaware. I would be extremely surprised if he doesn't know this already. He could have easily invited guys from 10P DE to crosstrain or have taken the 20min drive to Kevin's place. But that wouldn't have gotten the attention. I agree with Kevin. This is nothing more than a calculated publicity stunt to drive people to his websites and make some extra money off of his you-tube page from the increase in hits. On the face of it, it looks like he's challenging 10th planet for the sake of being a disrespectful, but I'm seeing it more as an opportunity to develop the Art of Jiu Jitsu and crosstrain styles. As most of us know, Jiu jitsu was honed from challenge matches. I don't agree with the way he called out 10P but, in the long run, the end result of "friendly" challenges will further refine the Art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and the martial artists who practice it.

Anyway, my $0.02.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    I don't understand how you could shoot that video, watch it, and then consciously decide to post it on the interweb.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast