Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    I was practising wrist locks with an aikido black belt the other day. Those standing ones are way more legit than they look. he was saying that he much rather prefers grabbing the hand and twisting it so the hand is pointing out and the arm is doing a chicken wing kind of shape. (sorry about the rough description.) I've been playing with it, and I felt good with it though I need to really get the speed up and get use to using it in different positions.

Of of the coolest ones this guy showed me was double clamping on a guys wrist, when you turtle. with a strong grip, it doesnt matter what they want to do, you have great control.

The other thing ive noticed is once you get a good wrist lock control, positions become a lot more fluid and available. I'm super happy to get into them. Its opened up my game at least as much as leg locks have.
    My tearing partner has been focusing on them too so I've gotten a taste of my medicine. I'm so worried about the wrist lock that he's been able to Armbar me because of it. So awesome. Completely keeps your focus on that wrist because if you don't respect it you'll be tapping to that. Once you focusing on that wrist so many doors open.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    I've been thinking about this a bit. And im thinking so far of categorising the Wrist locks. Atm I've got submission, position, sweeps and baits/set ups.

Submission and baits/set ups are together and positions and sweeps are together as well.

Being able to wrist lock someone isn't the only important thing about them. its understanding when and how to use them and which way works best.

I'm going to work on a document with as much wrist lock info as I can find and I'll put it up when I'm a bit further along.

Heh this post is more just me writing down my thoughts sorry but hopefully something will come out of it.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910