Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The GI is dead?

This is why we can't have nice things

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    And you're being a typical gi douche.
    Wow wow wow! How is that even possible? Joe Rogan, himself, said that BJJ has a built-in douche filter.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    Besides the other gi grips Marcelo used did you completely miss when from bottom Marcelo took out Faria 's lapel, wrapped it over his arm and used it to help lever an escape?

Lol, I'm not convinced!
    Did you completely miss how Marcelo used the gi maybe 20% of the time?

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Dave trains in a gi...Dave is a closet Gracie Barra guy..I saw him grabbin' grips the other day.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    Wow wow wow! How is that even possible? Joe Rogan, himself, said that BJJ has a built-in douche filter.
    I used to believe that until I met gi guys in person. Apparently they exist on the internet too.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Here's my take. Why do half a tournament? Took off work, trained your ass off, traveled, paid.. If there's still dudes that wanna wrassle I'm game. Pajamas or not.

I def use 10p in the gi. But I also grab the shit out of his while defending mine.

Also I LOVE gym hopping and many are gi. Their house their rules.

Array

School
    Drysdale Jiu Jitsu EP
    I personally enjoy throwing the gi on and working my no gi game. It will frustrate the hell out of you when your opponent grabs the shit out of your kimono, but it's a good substitute to no gi training if you have say one no gi class a week and maybe have a no gi competition coming up.... If you have the discipline!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    Easy guys, Jack that's harsh and not needed and David you're being hard headed

Oh well
    With you maybe. But that other kid is being very condescending and insulting and it's not the only time. I'm sure he feels confident in his attendance belt, but it doesn't change that he's a douche. Acting like he knows me. Acting as if I believe this solely because of Eddie Bravo.

I've been a believer in No Gi before I even heard about the rubber guard. I was a fan of JJM before I knew who Eddie Bravo was. Calling me a lemming is out of line.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Here's my take. Why do half a tournament? Took off work, trained your ass off, traveled, paid.. If there's still dudes that wanna wrassle I'm game. Pajamas or not.

I def use 10p in the gi. But I also grab the shit out of his while defending mine.

Also I LOVE gym hopping and many are gi. Their house their rules.
    This. You close your mind to the gi, you miss out on a lot of jiu jitsu.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    It has helped my defense for the simple fact I get caught more. Less now but the beginning was rough .

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast