Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha

UFC releases Jake Shields

This is a suprise. Lose one fight and you're out now I guess http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/7/...ields-mma-news

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    I wasn't surprised. They were waiting for an excuse to justify cutting him.

Array

School
    Ronin
    They're becoming more obvious with what they want their fighters to be like. Fitch, Okami, Shields
    All high paid but obviously not always "Fan Friendly".
    Facebook, Twitter check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pheonix00789
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pheonix_00789
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/phoenix_00789

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I know this won't be a popular opinion because Shields has a lot of fans on here but I honestly don't enjoy watching Shields fight. I'm a little surprised but can't remember any of his UFC fights going "damn that was a good fight" but nothing the UFC does now really surprises me anymore.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I know this won't be a popular opinion because Shields has a lot of fans on here but I honestly don't enjoy watching Shields fight. I'm a little surprised but can't remember any of his UFC fights going "damn that was a good fight" but nothing the UFC does now really surprises me anymore.
    I'm with ya, but he wins fights. Not ever exciting but wins

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    I'm a little surprised. Jake isn't a top 3 fighter but he's def a top 10. His standup is painful to watch but his Jiu Jitsu is incredible. If I'm not mistaken, he's the only Gracie black belt to never wear the gi???

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I disagree with u, man. His fight with Jake Elenberger was fun to watch!

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    I love watching Shields

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    His contract was probably up for renewal and they just didn't see the value in keeping him. It doesn't matter how many top 10's be beats. He's just not entertaining enough to be worthwhile. Plus, he hasn't shown enough improvement to suggest that he could be champ. And jeez, imagine if he did become champ. Can he sell ppv's? His personality and style is as bland as his tofu. As much as I respect the hell out of his skills, I just can't bring myself to enjoy his fights.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    His contract was probably up for renewal and they just didn't see the value in keeping him. It doesn't matter how many top 10's be beats. He's just not entertaining enough to be worthwhile. Plus, he hasn't shown enough improvement to suggest that he could be champ. And jeez, imagine if he did become champ. Can he sell ppv's? His personality and style is as bland as his tofu. As much as I respect the hell out of his skills, I just can't bring myself to enjoy his fights.
    A wise man once told/asked me, "Who would have thought a blanket would make it big in the UFC?"
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast