Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    Cody MMA
    In my opinion it has very little to do with his ability to win fights. There is no upside to renewing their (Fitch, Shields, Okami) contracts. They will never be dominant champions, they are known for having "boring" fights, and their game is not evolving. Not to mention they aren't getting any younger. I personally like watching grappling in MMA but I definitely see where the UFC is coming from.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Good! Now we can see Askren beat up a legit top 10

Array

School
    NIL
    Yeah Jake was accomplished, however overrated. His stand up was horrible. His kicks were beyond amateurish. Which is odd, considering he spent time in Thailand. Great grappler, but he did not encompass the complete mma pedigree. Either way, he'll do fine in other promotions.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I would too if he still jumped on submissions like his ass was on fire. From 2007 to 2009 he gloriously subbed Mike Pyle, Nick "the Goat" Thompson, Paul Daley, and Robbie Lawler. If my old brain recalls correctly, he hit an armbar from spiderweb against Daley. Ah... them were the days. But somewhere along the way, the pitbull spirit just evaporated from him. He started showing up to his fights with a permanent grimace, his tiny upper lip barely able to cover his teeth. He'd hit a picture-perfect high-crotch single and then latch on to top half-guard like the mob had threatened to shoot his mother if he ever subbed someone again. The only thing he hated worse than being hit himself was striking another human being. So distasteful, so uncivilized, he seemed to be saying. I would swear under oath that he was throwing showgirl kicks in his last fight against Lombard.

Damn. To be honest, I've just made myself realize that I'm gonna miss the big lug, 80's-highschool-movie-bully haircut and all. Love you, Jake. All the best.

After that, he decides to never even attack a submission other than the occasional perfunctory arm triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikijiujitsu View Post
    I love watching Shields

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    LMAO. Damn, if there's a nibiru poster of the year award at the end of the year, Amir has it in the bag. Hahaha.

Array

School
    10th Planet Alton Illinois
    Boring fighter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12