Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA

Crotch Ripper / Banana Split

Hey folks,

I've been interested in the Truck since I heard Eddie say that he'd rather be in the Truck than the Mount. That's quite an endorsement! But I've also been avoiding it because for a white belt who might like to compete at local tournaments, there don't seem to be a lot of options from the truck that aren't illegal. No calf slicers until brown belt? Pffft.

Anyway, I just discovered the crotch ripper on MTS. Submissions involving splitting the legs apart are legal for White Belts. >=)

Any thoughts as to whether this is a high percentage move off of the Truck? I'm hoping it would at least give me some reps from the Truck and I wouldn't mind winning in a face-melting way.

~Joshua

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Working with white belt rules, I would focus much more on side control, high mount, and spiderweb. You are going to find more finishing options at that level of competition. You splay the legs from the truck and you can armbar from the pre-twister and twistercana from the baseball bat control position, but that does not compare in numbers to the finishes available to you from the positions mentioned above, You should still practice a;; positions for when you level up, but tournament strategy dictates that you play the numbers.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    all*

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Don't focus soley on winning points tournies. Focus on just getting your entire game together. Crotch rippers are high percentage if you focus on them and have great truck control
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Fight Club Masakatsu Izegem
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    Working with white belt rules, I would focus much more on side control, high mount, and spiderweb. You are going to find more finishing options at that level of competition. You splay the legs from the truck and you can armbar from the pre-twister and twistercana from the baseball bat control position, but that does not compare in numbers to the finishes available to you from the positions mentioned above, You should still practice a;; positions for when you level up, but tournament strategy dictates that you play the numbers.
    What is the armbar from pre-twister? Is there a video available of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo Lagrange View Post
    What is the armbar from pre-twister? Is there a video available of this?
    It's at least in mastering the twister DVD. When you have the opponents arm behind your neck, you don't go after the neck but wrap the arm that's behind your neck for an "inverted armbar" type of submission. I have found it useful especially when the time is running out and I have hard time getting the twister.

In the other hand I'm interested in hearing more about this "twistercana from baseball bat control".

P.S. The crotch ripper is awesome. I like it even more than the banana split and it's really high % if you use effectively the other leg to sidekick some extra rip-action without losing control.

Array

School
    10WO
    Put in your numbers with the crotch ripper, but don't have that be only strategy you have to win the fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    I love the truck. I'd rather work everything and adjust accordingly to tournament rules than be deficient in some pretty standard 10P positions and moves.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Thanks everyone!