Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Fight gyms are good because everyone is usually super friendly and humble and polite and respectful and theres no bullshit and posturing.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    you may not realise it at first but old people can be more immature then younger people. i had an experience where i easily beat an oldie with a back choke when i visited my old club and there were no hard feelings at the time. when i got home i found she was bitching about it on her blog. the point of rolling isnt necessarily to finish but to work on control and escapes. you obviously learnt alot about control during this session, perhaps he didnt learn anything because he didnt attempt to escape. does he expect people to get off his back if he tightens up like a rock and does nothing? that's just foolish.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    The guy that was bitching at Shawn is the oldest guy at our gym, 45 yrs old maybe (even older than me!) and he's also an orthopedic surgeon. And he's a tough sob, so we give him respect, as we should. He's generally a good guy. But I think he was frustrated last night by his own performance and he took it out on Shawn. Shawn's gettin' pretty good btw. The Doc was out of line, and he did admit to me that he had lost his cool and took it out on Shawn. But he should have apologized to Shawn, instead of telling me.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Shawn its his problem, not yours, its sounds like you not only were correct technically, but were also trying to "keep the peace". And if the you were rolling and the same opportunities occurred, I wouldn't change a thing.

And me personally...I don't care if your the president of the world, if you act like a douche on the mats, your going to get treated like one. Someones position outside of the gym shouldn't matter while your training in the gym, everyone thats on the mat deserves the same level of respect.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    Us old guys resent you young fellers for your,um,youth?

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    "And me personally...I don't care if your the president of the world, if you act like a douche on the mats, your going to get treated like one. Someones position outside of the gym shouldn't matter while your training in the gym, everyone thats on the mat deserves the same level of respect."

Chris FTW!!! We need an ego check on isle 4, ego check on isle 4 please

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Give each other some deep tissue massages and make up
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Thanks for your input guys. I wasn't sure if I was being a dick by sticking to the back or not since I'm still pretty new to the game with only a year under by belt (I don't even have one of those) and he's been doing it for 30ish years.

As for the whole "Any ref would stand you up". In your experience in tourney's, does that hold true?

...and yeah... I could totally go for a deep tissue massage.
    This whole exercise thing makes me feel like shit, lol...

Wait this is the same guy that scrappes his wrestling shoes on your leg to make you lose lockdown? ... The one time I miss training :P

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Give each other some deep tissue massages and make up
    and put some Tussin on it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast