Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin

Failed Side Control / Opponent's attempted Pass position I keep getting stuck in

OK… bear with me whilst I try to describe the position I get stuck in from time to time in an effort that perhaps one of my 10th Planet friends can help me

If I go for the traditional side control escape (forearm in front of neck, other forearm across hip, toes up high as possible and slightly out to one side, explosive bridge up and 45 degrees) there are times where as I get my rear knee in, my opponent drops his weight and traps it. Because I'm quite flexible, I wiggle myself into a position similar to full guard where my rear leg is around their back, but my lead leg is flattened across their hip crease.

Similar to this position, but imagine that Ryan Hall's (in brown) left leg rather than having a butterfly, the shin is across the guys stomach so that his foot is touching his right knee.

Ryan%u00252BHall%u00252B-%u00252Btap-through%u00252Btriangle%u00252Bwith%u00252Bangle.jpg

It's not far off this, but imagine opponent on top drops his weight and drives into guy on bottom

capture_1.jpg

What I've been trying to do is work on different side control escapes, but I'd also like to know if there is a way around this problem once you get stuck in the position.

Right now what happens is that my opponent will drop his weight onto my open hip and pass around to that particular side.

Hope the above makes sense; wish I had more pictures - sorry guys.

ask denny at his up coming uk seminar

Left arm undertook and go to dog fight or left under hook and try for the back, you could also try pushing his face away then shrimp just enough to get that leg to butterfly

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein View Post
    ask denny at his up coming uk seminar
    Will do

Thanks - Rooster, off to practice on my grappling dummy :-)

Array

School
    Ronin
    Very helpful - thank you Jposey.

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, I think this video should solve your problem.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    The guy on guard is already broken down in this video^

At a seminar Eddie said to just put your hands on their elbows and wait for the right time to pull out on their elbows and breakdown their posture.

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    I assumed that he was talking about the opponent already being broken down, because he said:

"It's not far off this, but imagine opponent on top drops his weight and drives into guy on bottom", and from my experience, if they get that leg trapped across their abdomen, they're going to lay their chest on your belly and reach around your hip to control your foot to prevent guard recovery, which essentially zombie's themselves.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Ooooh yeaeh. Guess thats why I dont usually attempt to give advice.

What about jailbreak?

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/techniqu...ornia-nuglets/

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Push against the shoulder not the neck. T-rex has been modified quite a bit over the years. Marcelo et al are all T-rexing against the deltoid now as pressuring the neck can result in your arm becoming caught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast