Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals

Great Guard work by Douglas Lima

I was watching MFC 27 tonite on HDNet. First time I have watched one of their fights. It was pretty good. I was really surprised at how well it was done.

Anyway, the last fight was a title fight. Classic wrestler vs jiu jitsu matchup. Douglas Lima was the jiu jitsu guy on bottom. Had Roan Carniero in his corner. He had a really good guard.

In Round 3, guy threw up several submission attempts including an omoplata (came out to perpendicular jiu claw, by the way, but lost the guy) and a triangle that Juarez fought out of. But he eventually landed a triangle/inverted armbar that finished the dude off.

Check out his guard work. It was nice. Can somebody find the video of the third round?
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Genghis Con shoots all this really dope documentary shit on good fighters and I just found this.

Here it is...quality of video isn't great.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Thanks, Eisner. Lima looks like an old school Jiu Jitsu guy, instead of a guy who just learns enough to fight MMA. I loved watching him fight off his back.

And propers to the ref for giving them time to work an actual ground game instead of just standing them up because it was "boring" to the drunks.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    N/A
    ya sick armbar.

Array

School
    RMNU
    that's a bad dude.