Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Very sneaky. I like it a lot.

Array

School
    New Breed MMA academy
    So your playing a lockdown on the far arm from underneath side c. and then rolling through? ..sorry for the misunderstanding,I'm super baked lol

Array

School
    cobra kai
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post

This was the tournament where I tried to win every match with the ginger snap. Made it to the finals but then had to face a teammate so I couldn't convince him into taking top side lol. The only part missing on this video is when I pull the trapped arm towards myself.. But you get the idea. (Also listen close at 0:23 and you hear a teammate remind me to hit the ginger snap when it looks like I'm going to start playing my rubber guard. Lol)
    Dude, that is beautiful. Is there a video that breaks this down? I found a ginger snap video but it looks like a different submission.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Yeah pretty much. Ideally I'll push them away with the lockdown and use the momentum to sit up and reach behind tier back to grab the arm.. Then pull it towards me. There's a few smaller details but that sums it up..

And there's no videos on it yet (I made it up on accident within the last year so it's still relatively new).. But one of the moon heads has a really good tutorial on a very similar series from bottom side. I'll see if I can find it

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I love it! I'm going to work on this for the next month at least. I'm not sure if my stubby little buffalo legs will be able to pull it off, but there's only one way to find out.

This was the tournament where I tried to win every match with the ginger snap. Made it to the finals but then had to face a teammate so I couldn't convince him into taking top side lol. The only part missing on this video is when I pull the trapped arm towards myself.. But you get the idea. (Also listen close at 0:23 and you hear a teammate remind me to hit the ginger snap when it looks like I'm going to start playing my rubber guard. Lol)

Array

School
    10th planet las vegas
    tutorial video on this as soon as you guys find one please

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont

Deep half top is kinda a lousy position. Here are some counters from there It also has its own thread now, check it out there and lets keep this vid on this forum only please!

Array

School
    cobra kai
    Quote Originally Posted by ml82 View Post
    There's another one that I stole from Javier Vasquez when being side mounted as well when they have you on scarf hold, it's called the vasque-fix, very smooth move. I'll post that video soon as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by marc luu View Post
    I use that all the time and learned it from Javi a few years ago...I've been calling it the Javi Hook and have played with several variations of that particular move. It's great if you can pull it off! When it fails, it usually causes them to open up quite a bit for the escape. Nice find!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Yeah pretty much. Ideally I'll push them away with the lockdown and use the momentum to sit up and reach behind tier back to grab the arm.. Then pull it towards me. There's a few smaller details but that sums it up..

And there's no videos on it yet (I made it up on accident within the last year so it's still relatively new).. But one of the moon heads has a really good tutorial on a very similar series from bottom side. I'll see if I can find it
    Nice...Brandon has a video for you. =)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast