Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bruton View Post
    Agree with the coaching comment. Top notch. It takes some practice on your end to respond to it as well. Respect to both of you on that front. Someone could probably scream at me with a megaphone and I wouldn't respond as well.
    It wasn't long before I realized "Hey, this guy might actually know what he's talking about. Maybe I should listen to him" lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    It wasn't long before I realized "Hey, this guy might actually know what he's talking about. Maybe I should listen to him" lol
    Ohhhhhh silly Big Cat.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Man, that brown belt in the super fight had insane posture. Tom's patience, faith and persistence won him that match. Outmuthafuckingstanding peformance!!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thanks, hopefully I can show some other aspects of my game next time

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Man, that brown belt in the super fight had insane posture. Tom's patience, faith and persistence won him that match. Outmuthafuckingstanding peformance!!
    Curtis Mosley is awesome. He is one of the guys I train with all the time. He borrowed my 10th planet DVD's to get ready for the match. He said he was prepared for everything except the strength of Tom's squeeze. He said never felt one that strong. He is one of the guys that will be tagging along to the seminar. We are getting a final head count this week.

Congrats Big Cat
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner MACHINE Gibbons View Post
    Curtis Mosley is awesome. He is one of the guys I train with all the time. He borrowed my 10th planet DVD's to get ready for the match. He said he was prepared for everything except the strength of Tom's squeeze. He said never felt one that strong. He is one of the guys that will be tagging along to the seminar. We are getting a final head count this week.

Congrats Big Cat
    Curtis is a awesome dude, skilled grappler, super respectful, and always a pleasure speaking with him. Looking forward to see you guys at the seminar.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Curtis is a awesome dude, skilled grappler, super respectful, and always a pleasure speaking with him. Looking forward to see you guys at the seminar.
    Agreed. Nothing but respect for the guy

Array

School
    10WO
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Exercise one:
    Full Guard (Ball between legs cross angles over ball)

Exercise two:
    Adductor Squeeze (Ball high up between the knees while sitting in butterfly stretch)

Exercise three:
    Leg Curls (Ball between your hamstrings and calves, Seated or on stomach)

Exercise four:
    Triangles (Ball inside your triangle)
    Actually worked some of these exercises this morning with a 15 lb ball this morning because my training partner overslept. Was able to do all of them except for the triangle. Couldn't get a tight lock over the shin, could only lock it over the toes. Should I move to a smaller diameter medicine ball for the triangle, or work the squeeze with less than perfect technique?

Also, what about hitting the tepee with these types of squeezing exercises?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    You can do both, Also heavy bags can be used instead of medicine balls. And yes you can do it with Tepees as well.

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    Coach always teaches the importance of leg curls and adductor squeeze. I really started to focus on that the past few months and its made huge difference for me. When you know your legs aren't gonna burn out, it gives you the confidence not to rush submissions and then lose position.
    Great advice! My legs tire out when I have to hold the lock down for a while. I've been thinking to myself "I should do some serious leg training to make sure I'm strong and can last". Good advice and thanks for sharing.

Great work, and congrats on the purple belt!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast