Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Need help with technique choice

So guys, just like the saying goes, "you don't know, what you don't know". I'm here to ask for your insight. You all know that we been working on the half guard, lockdown, electric chair stuff and its coming along nicely. We are eyeing Kids World on July 19th. And I feel like we can put another weapon into Cora's game before that. So I am here to ask what you guys recommend as far as a technique that really compliment her current game. There are so many techniques and I don't know where to start. Just like the meat hook, I knew about it but I never dive into it until a few months back and she is loving it now. So what techniques out there that you can recommend for us to work on a long side everything else she already know or working on? Thank you.

ps- if its a 10thplanet specific technique, it would even be better, as she might be able to showcase it at Kids Worlds...

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    id say a guillotine would be good for cora. i know shes got her triangle choke but apart from that i dont see her really getting chokes on people. having a good guillotine can be used like big red shows in one his video, to control and get out, it is also a great fast submission to grab on people when they come forward to much.and choking is choking size doesnt matter too much. getting a nice guillotine game would be an interesting facet of coras game i think.

otherwise id also suggest an omoplata/monoplata series. would match well with her rubber guard and give her a great way to bring her rubber guard to her mount game. i can send you some info on the ways i practice it if you want. of course theres all eddies stuff on perpendicular jiu claw and tehn marcelo has great great stuff on the omoplata that sky rocketed my omoplata. magnus and b mac both have great monoplata videos and there is a mts where eddie shows the special k and a whole bunch of stuff. getting the omoplata sweep is such an amazing skill to have. and working on getting into mono control makes you so much safer in mount because they can only sweep you into another submission. either gogo, loco, omo, triangle or armbar.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Master her clinching!! That's the missing piece from what I've seen. IMO

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    jap tie!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    id say a guillotine would be good for cora. i know shes got her triangle choke but apart from that i dont see her really getting chokes on people. having a good guillotine can be used like big red shows in one his video, to control and get out, it is also a great fast submission to grab on people when they come forward to much.and choking is choking size doesnt matter too much. getting a nice guillotine game would be an interesting facet of coras game i think.

otherwise id also suggest an omoplata/monoplata series. would match well with her rubber guard and give her a great way to bring her rubber guard to her mount game. i can send you some info on the ways i practice it if you want. of course theres all eddies stuff on perpendicular jiu claw and tehn marcelo has great great stuff on the omoplata that sky rocketed my omoplata. magnus and b mac both have great monoplata videos and there is a mts where eddie shows the special k and a whole bunch of stuff. getting the omoplata sweep is such an amazing skill to have. and working on getting into mono control makes you so much safer in mount because they can only sweep you into another submission. either gogo, loco, omo, triangle or armbar.
    I agree with the Guillotines. Omoplatas are usually illegal in kids and teens which is dumb, but its just the way it is.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I'd vote for the Apollo.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Tighten up the game she has. Finishing and troubleshooting the triangle is my #1 suggestion for Cora.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Old school and plan b and twist back, but I bet she already knows these. It's in eddies old book. It's the first stuff I used when I started using 10 p stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    So guys, just like the saying goes, "you don't know, what you don't know". I'm here to ask for your insight. You all know that we been working on the half guard, lockdown, electric chair stuff and its coming along nicely. We are eyeing Kids World on July 19th. And I feel like we can put another weapon into Cora's game before that. So I am here to ask what you guys recommend as far as a technique that really compliment her current game. There are so many techniques and I don't know where to start. Just like the meat hook, I knew about it but I never dive into it until a few months back and she is loving it now. So what techniques out there that you can recommend for us to work on a long side everything else she already know or working on? Thank you.

ps- if its a 10thplanet specific technique, it would even be better, as she might be able to showcase it at Kids Worlds...

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Guillotines does sound like a good idea. Forget what I wrote ..
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    I agree with the Guillotines. Omoplatas are usually illegal in kids and teens which is dumb, but its just the way it is.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post

I'd say quarter clinch. Warm up E. That has upped my 1/2 guard game tremendously.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast