Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ (SousaBJJ.com)

Posers in jiu jitsu

I've noticed a lot of posers in jiu jitsu nowadays it seems as if a lot of Mcdojos are popping up also. Thoughts?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    There have always been posers in everything. Jiu Jitsu is no exception. There are student posers and even instructor posers. I feel that guys with less outgoing personalities can't really be posers in Jiu Jitsu. For example, my friend Brian Debbes has the personality of a wet sponge, but he puts it on the line despite his skinny ass frame and shitty back.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericp View Post
    I've noticed a lot of posers in jiu jitsu nowadays it seems as if a lot of Mcdojos are popping up also. Thoughts?
    Always has been. They are everywhere and will continue to be as people just walk in sign up doing little to no research on instructors or schools before joining.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Yeah, the McDojo has always been around since the tales of registering your hands as lethal weapons. Just trust your gut. Some jiu jitsu is better than no jiu jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Always has been. They are everywhere and will continue to be as people just walk in sign up doing little to no research on instructors or schools before joining.
    Truth

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Sometimes, mcdojo is your only option and everyone can teach me something. Always look for a positive view on things and you'll realize that jumping to conclusions to quickly may be the problem. Even if the instructor is full of shit at least you'll learn what you truly don't want to be part of

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Would it be wrong of me to issue a challenge, beat the guy, and take over his school?

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Posers can only pose for so long, eventually they have to roll. That's actually one of the really awesome aspects of Jiu Jitsu.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Yeah the truth comes out on the mats.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram