Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41
    Brent Smith's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    5,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I don't care for Roy Dean's instructionals, to be honest. I do like those quick vids he makes, though. Like the one about the evolution of the armbar or how Jiu Jitsu is like language. I think his philosophy is much stronger than his technical instruction; that can be equally as instructive at times.

    Never heard the stuff about him being shady. Hope it isn't true.
    Him and Stuart Cooper are feuding. Cooper says he's shady as hell

    I kinda get an Ari Bolden vibe from Roy Dean. If that makes sense.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

  2. #42

    Array

    School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    608
    I disagree man, be open minded, u dont have to like the guy to learn from him, be better than him, its like they say, don't hate, appreciate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I know bro, i know. But I just cant stand it anymore. I have his back take dvd also, havent even touch it yet because of that. I figure whatever Im missing out of, I will one day learn it on MTS from someone that I actually enjoy learning from.

  3. #43

    Array

    School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Location
    LA via Chicago
    Posts
    826
    Gracie Academy's BBS1 and BBS2 have full -on Rener vs. Ryron sparring, plus demonstration of different paths done very technically. A nice resource. Any one of these things people are suggesting is good. As long as the source is legit, all knowledge is good knowledge. You'll get so much technique, then you can start to narrow your game into a few go-to moves and refine the living piss out of them. But I'm finding more and more that I'm getting different parts of my game from different sources and with the magic power of mat time, they seem to be morphing together, into this concoction of only my favorite moves but that are becoming effective in unison. Slowly but surely. It's one thing to watch DVDs and online resources, 'nother thing completely to hit the mats. Cheers
    Rigan Machado: In Brazil, we have three masters; Helio Gracie, Carlos Gracie, and Renato Laranja.
    Renato Laranja: You know if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...gonna be a hich man.

  4. #44

    Array

    School
    Ronin
    Location
    Somerset, United Kingdom
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    Gracie Academy's BBS1 and BBS2 have full -on Rener vs. Ryron sparring, plus demonstration of different paths done very technically. A nice resource. Any one of these things people are suggesting is good. As long as the source is legit, all knowledge is good knowledge. You'll get so much technique, then you can start to narrow your game into a few go-to moves and refine the living piss out of them. But I'm finding more and more that I'm getting different parts of my game from different sources and with the magic power of mat time, they seem to be morphing together, into this concoction of only my favorite moves but that are becoming effective in unison. Slowly but surely. It's one thing to watch DVDs and online resources, 'nother thing completely to hit the mats. Cheers
    The Gracie Combative stuff is gold - by BBS do you mean Blue Belt Series?

  5. #45

    Array

    School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Location
    LA via Chicago
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    The Gracie Combative stuff is gold - by BBS do you mean Blue Belt Series?
    Affirmative. They do testing for Blue Belt Stripe 1 and Blue Belt Stripe 2, that's all that's available thus far. (BBS1/BBS2) It's two separate DVDs than the Gracie Combatives one, and is a run down of the master cycle techniques that they teach once you've got a blue belt. Just another resource.
    Rigan Machado: In Brazil, we have three masters; Helio Gracie, Carlos Gracie, and Renato Laranja.
    Renato Laranja: You know if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...gonna be a hich man.

  6. #46

    Array

    School
    Ronin
    Location
    Somerset, United Kingdom
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    Affirmative. They do testing for Blue Belt Stripe 1 and Blue Belt Stripe 2, that's all that's available thus far. (BBS1/BBS2) It's two separate DVDs than the Gracie Combatives one, and is a run down of the master cycle techniques that they teach once you've got a blue belt. Just another resource.
    You can find the lessons to prep you for this on Gracie University (it is $35 a month). I haven't signed up, but I did the free trial and if you like your basis then this is surely a good investment. Just can't afford it right now.

  7. #47

    Array

    School
    Killer Bee Training Center
    Location
    Jacksonville, NC
    Posts
    61
    10th Planet All Stars!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •