Array

School
    Edmonton N/A Currently

Slick Rubber Guard Sub on Buddy (Story)

So i'm from Edmonton, AB, Canada and me and a buddy are big into bjj and i've been gathering as much info i can off youtube. ANd from the free technique window there was like a month ago. Moving on... I was rolling with my buddy and i'm 5'8 - 175 and he's 6'3 - 190 and has a killer guillotine. So i usually work guard. My wrestling is shit so i just end up in guard and i get into rubber guard and eventually work my way to the omoplata and i use it to sweep him. as soon as he rolls over and i'm in twister side control not letting him leave and i can't get to mount and i'm not good enough at too much. So i switch and attack his arms. can't get anything. He's doing a good job defending. And then he jailbreaks me and gets full guard. then scissor sweeps me i'm already tired as shit. Then back to rubber guard. rest. haha. Then i sneak his trapped arm accross the body just sort of working going back and forth and slap on a triangle, pull down on the head and he taps. Afterwards he asks me where i found out how to do a bunch of rubber guard techniques and i showed him the next day. Just wanted to let you guys know that even though i haven't trained in a couple years. and still stretch and play other sports. I love what you guys are doing. And i practice it all the time with my buddy now. Reppin the rubber guard from Edmonton. Thanks Eddie!

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Hi mate
    When you get twister side, try hooking his outside leg and going for the grapewine. also getting the mount from twister side isnt that hard if you are flexible. just tip toe that bitch.

If I cant hook the outside foot or lure his hand in for a babyarm I usually just hook the inside leg and try a calfcrush (youtube these :P)

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Keep up the good work man,

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    I live in red deer, if you ever want to roll message me. I train at pure mma, jason macdonalds gym. I have been practicing 10th planet for a little over 4 years I think. mma about 5 years.

Array

School
    Edmonton N/A Currently
    Hey Dwight Nice to know alberta's got someone else on here! Anyways ya i might take you up on the offer in the new year here. Don't have a car yet. How is that gym I heard it's pretty great. There's a few places in edmonton that are pretty good.

Array

School
    TJJ
    Hey im from edmonton very new to jiu jitsu a little over a year in ive worked 10th planet since my first day with some guys from work who are very adept i believe. If your interested in someone new to roll with hit me up with a message!

Array

School
    Edmonton N/A Currently
    I actually just picked up a school right around the corner from my house. They got some guys that are killer in there and the teacher is really good. Only thing is it's gi. But it's nice to get back on the mat let me tell you guys.
    There was this one guy on my first day who said he did karate his whole life so during the class i partnered up with him. he seemed like he didn't know too much. I knew right away that even though he out weighed me dude had zero jiu jitsu intelligence. When to roll. When to pull on hands. When to tense, when to relax, how to hold, etc.. so he's been goin for 3 months or something and when it comes down to free rolling time, we start on knees, then he shoots and i immediately lock in front head and arm (a la matt hughes - ricardo almeida) bring him right into turtling. and hook my outside leg behind his knee and drop back to my back lock up half guard and squeeze like a mofo. Tap. Woo first day, first tap. Then i got my ass kicked by all the other guys which is only 3 two blue belts and the teacher. haha. But damn it's nice establishing to yourself. Give me a shout if you wanna come check it out. It's a small place and we need more partners. I guess they do alot of tournaments. Message me.