Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog fight!!!

Array

School
    primal gym, grimsby

dog fight!!!

when rolling and in half guard, i always land one of the 3 from whip up (old school, plan B or electric chair sweep/ submission. so my question is, why do we step up to the dog fight? Do you use the dog fight if one of the other 3 dont work? i'll use dog fight when im rolling with a newb, never in comp. peace.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    When my attempt to hit old school gets stuffed, and my transition to plan B/twistback gets stifled I sometimes find myself in dog fight. Other times they give me too much space, and my whip up naturally rights me up to take their back but they catch the wizzer last second and boom.. I'm in dog fight. The position is never anything I aim for, for me it's just an incidental position that occurs, usually against wrestlers.

Array

School
    primal gym, grimsby
    thanks my man, thats the answer i was hoping for. nice to know im not taking crazy pills. safe training

Array

School
    Boxing Works
    I'd rather be in Dog Fight than in Half Guard flat on my back (or whipped up on my side). As I'm trying for Half Guard Sweeps, I'm always looking to come up on to my knees and do battle from there. It's like an improvement on position (since your up on your knees rather than being on your back/side) and makes certain sweeps easier. For instance, it's easier to Half and Half some one than Old School, and Plan B & Twist Backs are easier since you can build more momentum (dropping into it). I also like the fact that you have way more chance of taking the back with a limp arm, Mookie or throwing in the back hook, then you do just whipping up and hoping the guy forgets to put the whizzer in.

Also, if you have a good whip, you can whip straight to Dogfight every time, getting you up off your back/side. Just watch out for the 100%. If so, use the Boa to get there (safest method) or the Dip Set.

Don't forget to put the Twist Back hook in. It dramatically increases your control and stops the opponent from hipping in and limp legging out.

Array

School
    primal gym, grimsby
    im all about the %. myself and my team never pull it off in comp, never see it much either with the top boys. fuck it, i'll drill it like crazy and dog fight every bitch in comp. all good guys

Array

School
    Rōnin
    i like to get into dog fight to get the powder keg, because if that fails i can get the rg back usually

Array

School
    Youtube
    I like the dogfight because Darces are easier for me but its like a 4th option really

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    I love the dogfight! limp arm it halfway and swim move :O

Array

School
    Rōnin
    can you pull dog fight from standing?

Array

School
    Team Shark
    is dog fight pretty much the name for a turkish ride in wrestling? I've been confused by the terminology, the positions look similar. atleast to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast