Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Hi all just thought I would introduce myself... My name is Crystal. I have only been training a couple of months. I train at home with my husband, Trey Rushing, who trains with 10th Planet Gulf Shores. I have been reading the forum for a while but just recently signed up. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    We dont need to know the proper way to build that sammy. Just do it!
    I don't know how many times we have to go over this. It's not a sandwich, its a turkey pot pie.

(and nice school name!)

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Hi all. Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Crystal. I have been around jiu jitsu for years but made the decision to start training with my husband, Trey Rushing, a couple of months ago. He trains at 10th planet Gulf Shores.

Array

School
    Welcome Crystal! You will find there are only a few females that check in regularly on the forum but the guys are amazing at answering questions and giving advise.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Thanks!! I have been regularly reading the forum since I started training. Everyone seems very friendly and helpful. :-)

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Rushing View Post
    Thanks!! I have been regularly reading the forum since I started training. Everyone seems very friendly and helpful. :-)
    Awesome. Do you plan on competing? Obviously not everyone who trains competes. I love seeing/hearing of 10P girls kicking ass though. There's not too many of us around.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    I would like to. I am considering entering in one in November. I hope that will give me enough time to prepare myself physically and mentally.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Rushing View Post
    I would like to. I am considering entering in one in November. I hope that will give me enough time to prepare myself physically and mentally.
    Just do it! I did my first at about my 4 month mark. Keep in mind there are fewer women doing this sport so you have to take fights/matches when you can. And a lot of times they are not ideal brackets. My first tournament there was no one in my weight class so I had to move up weight classes to open weight. I ended up losing my final match to the heaviest girl by ref decision ( she got top position and literally sat there!) Took Silver so I was happy.

Train hard and you will know when you're ready.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Thank you! I really wish I had a gym closer to me (and a babysitter) so I could get in more reps with a variety of people. As it is now, I get it when I can. Usually when Jesse goes down for the night. Not ideal but gotta do what ya gotta do. Lol because of that though is why I am shooting for the November comp.

Array

School
    Of course!!
    You obviously have a gym and a team, but if you have any questions, I am around.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast