Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Lol thanks.i appreciate it. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Elliott View Post
    There never seem to be as many women as guys willing to do serious training in some sports, but sorry Quinto, in my experience the ones that do leave the guys in the dust. I trained alongside women for years when I was Rowing and they set the standard for work ethic and toughness.

Im trying to get my Girlfriend brave enough to come train, she is nervous and has not plucked up the courage yet. Any tips girls? Pisses me off because she has all the physical attributes, I wish I had. Her flexibility is crazy.

My other problem is stopping the other guys training in the gym making comments when the girls are rolling. Iv threatened them with violence, but thats pretty much what they are there for.
    That's one huge reason women stay out of this sometimes..like the comment earlier on how hot Kyra Gracie is. We all roll our eyes when men make statements like that. If men would stop looking at women like meat maybe more would participate. On the other hand, women just need to step up and let the men know they can be just as good, scary good even. It goes both ways. Tell your girlfriend to wear modest, tight clothes that won't come off or down while rolling and show her some moves at the house, then get her in class. It took me a year of watching, but I jumped in and now I love it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Crazy how jiu jitsu is the absolute best martial art for women yet so few do it. But who knows, maybe it's just one very successful reality show away from being the next pilates

"Rapist don't box, they wrestle" -Queen Elizabeth
    Pilates and Jiu Jitsu go hand in hand. I do both and love both!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    I got 4 at my school. I'm currently trying to get them on here.
    I am one!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I have been trying to talk my wife into joining JJ but she enjoys the quiet time in the house to herself, which I can understand.
    I wish she would though.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    That's one huge reason women stay out of this sometimes..like the comment earlier on how hot Kyra Gracie is. We all roll our eyes when men make statements like that.
    But Kyra is hot, and guys are going to notice that. That is never going to change. Men appreciate beauty, and especially athletic beauty.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    What's up ladies, my name is Tori. I train at 10th Planet Gulf Shores in Alabama, USA. I've been training about a year. I started competing at the beginning of this year. I train with the guys, didn't use to, now I train with all of them, even the 300lb ones. It's great fun and is helping me with life. I'm a big advocate of women in Jiu Jitsu. I'm a blogger..yes. www.10thplanetgulfshores.com/blog I have one article up on women and BJJ, working on a second piece. If ever in AL, come train with us!! We're by the beach (*good excuse*) and Eddie is coming to our school in July(*GREAT excuse*)..I want to see some ladies!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I have been trying to talk my wife into joining JJ but she enjoys the quiet time in the house to herself, which I can understand.
    I wish she would though.
    Give her time, she'll come around. Just don't beat her up too much with the play chokes etc. It might make her dislike it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    But Kyra is hot, and guys are going to notice that. That is never going to change. Men appreciate beauty, and especially athletic beauty.
    Correct, but man...you have no idea how frustrating is is to watch Rhonda Rousey fight and everyone in the restaurant is just waiting for a nip slip etc.
    YES, men will recognize a beautiful women, who wouldn't? But it's the sexual talk about it. Saying someone is hot isn't that bad, but I've heard a lot worse ya know?

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Well there is a respect line that just shouldn't be crossed if you want to make women feel comfortable. However, if a nipple is about to slip....all eyes will be on that whether you want to look there or not. It's just our nature.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast