10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiki View Post
    Disturbing? or Hilarious?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    Agreed with Kendra. Well said. I play it the exact same way. The guys I train with are awesome, very rarely do I get guys who are all too keen to 'beat up' on a girl (only becauase they can out muscle me ). My wish is to see more ladies on the mat.

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    the latter

just like this one

i was gonna shop your face on the old man
    and some of the 10p women on the girls

but i guess i would get banned for that
    Last edited by tiki; 09-03-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by tiki View Post
    the latter

just like this one

i was gonna shop your face on the old man
    and some of the 10p women on the girls

but i guess i would get banned for that
    Im beginning to understand why it says unaffiliated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendra Rudd View Post
    I don't think just training with guys is a negative thing. I for the most part I only have men to roll with. I just set limits... No one over 170, and I ask them not to just muscle a move because they can. It can be daunting and discouraging at times but I think that it has made me have a good defense. If they are douche bags who just neck crank me every time just because they are afraid of losing to a girl, I wont roll with that dude. As a girl, I have more say in who I roll with. I am lucky because I have a great gym and really nice guys. No one is a douche with a big head.
    What I meant was, the girls get spooked. They may even try a class, but they don't stay for the long haul. If there were other girls who consistently showed like you and was fine rolling with the guys. It would encourage other girls to take that chance. Its the whole, if she could do it I could do it attitude. It just takes one, the rest will follow. I even spoke to Louis about how Kim gives free girl classes to see if he would be interested. It might help introduce them to the art without any commitment.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Wow, there are more of us than i previously thought!

I'm Ashley Kennedy-Foster and i have been training with Chris Herzog at 10th Planet Rochester NY for about 2 years. I love competing - there is no greater rush! Some time or another i should figure out my exact record.

I've been lurking on the Nibiru forums for quite some time - but i finally posted today!

I've been seeing a handful of girls walk into our gym - I think the kickboxing circuit class is what gets them in the door (fitness and cardio is a draw for women) - and if they did have an interest in seeing what the JJ classes had to offer, they get totally spooked by the thought of getting rough-housed by the guys - but also maybe a little bit of not wanting to be the only girl in class.

It's a weird tipping-point kind of thing, once you have 2-3 girls, more start coming in - that's how our kickboxing classes are playing out. You just need to find 2-3 of those girls that don't care about rolling with the guys, so walk-ins can see that getting paired with other girls is an option.
    Last edited by Ashley Kennedy-Foster; 09-03-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Ashley: you're the example I keep using whenever someone asks me about girls and jiu jitsu. Judo, jiu jitsu, beginner class, advanced class, competitions, seminars... there's Ashley -- usually standing over some poor guy flopped out on the mat after the buzzer wondering what just ran him over. I really feel like your a great example for anyone who wonders if she should try grappling. Glad to see you posting.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Exactly Ashley. All we need is a few girls and it will grow exponentially.

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    a little of both

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    We are starting my little girl early. She is three. My wife is warming up as well. We also have a seventeen year old at the gym and she beats up on some of the guys.
    Last edited by Josh Passini; 09-03-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast