Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mikael Chay

Garry Tonon vs Mansher Singh Khera (Marcelo Garcia brown belt)

Garry Tonon (OCBJJ) vs Mansher Singh Khera (Marcelo Garcia)

This match took place yesterday if I'm not mistaken. Don't think it's been posted on the forum before. Apologies if it has.

Part 1
    Last edited by Mikael Chay; 03-29-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Mikael Chay

Part 2

Mikael Chay

Part 3

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Nice match...what happened at the end there between Garry and Dillon??? No audio

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    Thanks for posting. Amazing watching Tonon attack

Mikael Chay

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boor View Post
    Nice match...what happened at the end there between Garry and Dillon??? No audio
    Yeah, apparently the end was a bit controversial and things got a bit tense.

Here's what Gary Tonon's coach, Tom DeBlass, wrote on FB on the matter:

"I want to clear the air about something. Everyone at the competition today saw it got very intense between Garry's corner and Munches corner after Garry won.

What happened was after the match Dillon and Matheus started chanting for Munch to get two points. So then a bunch of Alliance athletes did also. I immediately got up walked on the mats and screamed "there was no points!" I was nervous the ref would be swayed by the judges. (Although he wasn't and he did great) Dillon and Garry are both hungry young lions and two of the best up and comers in the world. They will clash eventually.

Those of you who asked me what I said when I walked up to the Alliance guys and think I was talking shit. I wasn't. I was not arguing. I was explaining to Dillon and Matheus why Munch did not earn two points. They were both super respectful to me. Yes Garry walked up to Dillon after the match and said something. Dillon was yelling Munch deserved points and Garry was pumped from just winning an amazing match. No Dillon wasn't happy. It is what it is. Both of you guys are amazing and I look forward to you possibly facing one another some day.

The last thing I'd ever want is a fight to break out after a great Jiu-Jitsu match and that was no where near happening. Trust me if I thought there was going to happen things would have been much different. I am team Renzo/Almeida and will be until death due us part.

Great day today everyone competed great at the UGA.
    "

Apparently, there seems to have been some sort of beef (for lack of a better word) going on between Tonon and Marcelo's best brown belts, which made things worse with the controversial end.

www.jiujitsutimes.com/caption-this-picture-garry-tonon-taunts-dillon-danis/

Damn, I feel like TMZ now...
    Last edited by Mikael Chay; 03-29-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Mikael Chay

Here's a better video of the whole match and aftermath:

Munch's single leg X is nasty

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Ahh the world of Jiu jitsu is never lacking drama, ego, politics, rivalry, and other crazy shit. I LOVE IT! Could recent events be the beginning of a new era of Jiu jitsu? Time will tell. Getch yo poppycohrn ready!

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I'm only about 9:30 in so far, but this is an awesome match. Thanks so much for posting, Mikael.

I like Ricardo Almeida watching on the side. He looks like a scientist observing some natural phenomenon out in the field so that he can take his findings back to the lab.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast