Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

Finally started light rolling after serious injury.

After getting my ankle popped and calf crushed roughly 2 months ago, I finally started to do some light rolling. The first couple of weeks, I couldn't even really walk. Really glad I can start rolling again. I feel pretty good technique wise, but the body's conditioning is just not there. My muscle endurance is pretty bad right now. Hopefully, I'll be back to normal within a few weeks.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    Ronin
    Good to hear your back at it

Array

School
    Thanks Bro!

Array

School
    RONIN
    Knees and ankles are no joke! Glad you took the time to heal and welcome back

Array

School
    Arlans Siqueira Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Taking time off due to injuries is the worst. Awesome that you are back mate.

Congratulations on getting back to it! I am back to nearly full sparring as well after my ankle fracture, got a badass ankle guard from a sporting goods store. I tell my training partners to be careful with the Lockdown, i usually have them switch legs if they get it on me.

Array

School
    Headquarters
    At the minimum, I would suggest you correctly tape your ankle every single time you train. There is a specific way of taping ankles which involves alternating layers of U-shaped bands over your lower leg and foot, centering on the back and bottom of your heel. It's done this way to anatomically support your own tendons. You can probably find how to do it on-line.

You, believe it or not, are actually at the most dangerous period of your lay-up. Because you feel good and the way most of us roll live, you're hughly prone to secondary injury. This means a worst injury with a smaller mechanism. And, the recovery period with a secondary injury is generally much much longer than the primary injury. Be very aware and careful, knowing this.

Not telling you not to train or roll! Not at all!! Just to do it intelligently and with proper precautions. Believe me, I'm the last to not train--currently training safely, but in unorthodox manner 30 days after ACL reconstruction/meniscus repair. With clearance by my Ortho/Rehab team. You just gotta do it right, that's all.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I like to help get our Nibiru warriors out on the mats, SAFELY and QUICKLY. Good to have you back!

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Yea, had my knee pop from an inverted heel hook few weeks ago...ehhh, walk that shit off right? lol. Nothing helps me heal better than...more rolling, actually. Just light without spazing on any moves, it feels good to get that blood rushing thru there, stretch out all that injured tissue. All part of the game, no one's 100% all the time. Masochism helps too.

Array

School
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm trying to take it slow, and only roll with guys my weight or less (for now). I don't want any heavy guys rolling over my ankle.

Compella, a pop from an inverted heel hook? Ouch! Shouldn't your partner ease up on those moves?

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Glad to have you back Louis. Roll with me!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast