Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing-Jitsu Craig View Post
    I didnt lie dude, like i explained in a previous post, i didnt know the belt rank was only for BJJ or 10th planet, i have a brown belt in wing chun which is why i put it as that, then when chris informed me that the belt rank was only for 10th or bjj i changed it to blue as i trained in the gi for a little while and was given a blue, if i was a lier then i would have left it as brown wouldnt i pal. I have never used a forum before so didnt realise there was a protocol for things, that could have been explained in much more polite way. The only reason i put the video on here is coz i thought the end part was cool and i hadnt seen it before. I just thought the idea behind a forum was to share, (whether its good or shit), then people can help one another.
    You mean this impolite message?

"Welcome and thanks for becoming a member of our forum community. When anyone new comes to our forums selects a forum rank of brown or black belt we just remind them that the forum ranks are reserved for 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Ranks & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ranks only. Please make sure you forum rank reflects your Brazilian Jiu Jitsu rank. If you happen to not have offical rank in BJJ please denote it as white belt. Thank you for your understanding.

Chris Herzog
    10thPlanetjj.com Forum Moderator"

The one you ignored for a day while still posting 3 more time, The one that pops up every time you log in, they same one I had to refer you back to go read publicly to make sure you responded to it. Yeah its extremely impolite.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    S.A.S Martial Arts
    I didnt see that message till you told me it was there as i wasnt aware that i could recieve private messages as i was new on here. Which as soon as i read it i changed my belt rank. I was talking about being polite in terms of the explaining of the rules of the forum (not the belt rank mix up) and posting videos, and the actual technique. You can explain things and make people aware without giving them attitude and calling them names and accusing them of being deceptive, thats silly. You set a bad example of how you should speak to people to the guys on here that look up to you.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    FYI, I did try it last night against my best truck flipper. Just because of the this crazy thread. I was very worried about not keeping my knee pinned to the floor/hip, I stayed there for along time trying to get the courage to try/figure out how, I decided to go for it, BOOM, flipped instantly, as predicted, the second my knee left its position. Didn't even get to try the actual move.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Craig,

I'll give you the short version: you fit the typical profile of the common charlatans that show up on this forum every few months. The "mistaken" rank. The flawed technique videos. Then the surprise "Oh, I didn't understand how the rankings worked. I'm really just a blue belt." People aren't being negative. They're being skeptical. And since you fit the profile, we have the right to be skeptical. Stop being defensive. It's making you look worse.

Let's say that you didn't intend to be deceptive. That would lead us to believe that you're not too bright. I mean, you're coming onto a BJJ forum. Why would you use your wing chun rank? Even in the initial sign up, the rules state to put your real BJJ rank. Cmon son. So no matter how it turns out, you look bad.

Also, teaching "wing jitsu" for defense and not for sport doesn't excuse your flawed technique video.

Also, telling a group of adult men to get pussy is ridiculously childish. Cmon son.

Also, there is the right amount of focus on belts. You can use whatever cute phrase you want, but the fact is that the guys on this board who got their brown belts worked their asses off for those belts. It's disrespectful to be dismissive of that accomplishment by paraphrasing a BS quote. The fact is, having a brown in BJJ carries a bit more weight than having a blue belt. I don't think you're dumb enough to miss that point.

Here's my advice for you. It's going to cost you some hard work. How about you accept the criticism and improve the technique. Stop being defensive. Stop pretending to take high road while taking shots at people. Stick around. You might learn something.
    Last edited by David Rosado; 04-23-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I didnt see that message till you told me it was there as i wasnt aware that i could recieve private messages as i was new on here. Which as soon as i read it i changed my belt rank. I was talking about being polite in terms of the explaining of the rules of the forum (not the belt rank mix up) and posting videos, and the actual technique. You can explain things and make people aware without giving them attitude and calling them names and accusing them of being deceptive, thats silly. You set a bad example of how you should speak to people to the guys on here that look up to you.
    Damn you got me pegged.

Chris "Bad Example" Herzog
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    I didnt lie dude, like i explained in a previous post, i didnt know the belt rank was only for BJJ or 10th planet, i have a brown belt in wing chun which is why i put it as that
    Not too far of a stretch to assume you'd put a jiu jitsu rank on a jiu jitsu website. Just my opinion. But it's blue now

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I may have missed it but who gave you your blue belt?

Also I trained Wing Chun for 2 years and don't recall there being brown sash/belt (my school went with sashes). What is your lineage?
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 04-23-2015 at 06:06 PM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Believe he just said he had a brown belt in another discipline (not necessarily Wing Chun) and said he got his blue in the gi from a Caio Terra affiliate. Was very vague.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
    Believe he just said he had a brown belt in another discipline (not necessarily Wing Chun) and said he got his blue in the gi from a Caio Terra affiliate. Was very vague.
    Mr. Wing-Jitsu Craig,
    could you please state the Caio Terra affiliate that you trained under to get your blue belt?

Array

School
    S.A.S Martial Arts
    I got my blue belt from Mike at Jiu Jitsu technics in manchester, he got his purple belt from caio terra, (you can see a picture of me on my instagram stood next to caio with it on just after i rolled with him)? Before training there my jiu jitsu instructor for many years was gavin boardman (black belt under rodrigo antunes) at predators mma in mancheter. I trained wing chun at Hanlon Eastern Concepts for 4 years under Sifu Hanlon, he is a 4th degree black belt/sash under Master Samuel Kwok who was taught by Ip Chun and Ip Ching, and their dad was pretty good (Ip Man) coz he taught Bruce Lee. Hope this clears up any questions of my linage.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast