Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Yup. Sharing is good. How bout lying? Did you see his other vid? In the past ol boy mighta stuck around for a couple months. You are probably around mostly genuine people, but in this internet thing that's not always the case. Pattern recognition through the years makes these guys stand out like a beacon now. They want exposure and $$ they haven't earned and I'll be damned if they're gonna extort my friends here. Telltale signs: First post was an instructional, techs were clearly never applied live, they were also clearly only applicable on his 125 lb training partner, then he said he was gonna post loads more of 'his' system. I don't have to gas up my car, drive across town, warm up myself and my partner to lay in bed and check the forum before work or on the shitter. So no, no time wasted and if he wouldn't of promised more vids or been a liar there would of been zero backlash. This is for the good of the forum and we've been doing this for a minute. Sometimes someone's gotta be the dick.

Does anyone remember the full list of frauds over the years? Quick, Coringao(Cappy), Ed Lova, Frank "the Man, Fatty Warbucks, Fight to Win guy, Caliphate, the Wolverine and I know I'm missing some. They all have many parallels to how they presented and misrepresented themselves.

Array

School
    I'm gonna go ahead and kick this horse a couple times since he's dead. The entry is everything. Rick Flares figure four leg lock is a pretty dominant sub, there's just no realistic way to get there. Puppet master is a dominant control position with a lot of subs, but you can only catch it on white belts or new blues. So unless you have a legit setup, the coolest knot becomes irrelevant.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

I love kicking dead horses.

I pretty much only post on here while I'm at work, so I'm really not wasting anything. I also type like 80WPM so it's not hard for me to drop a wall of text. No time wasted.

Like Bobby said, nothing wrong with sharing, but there are just tons of guys who follow the same pattern. The guy says he wasn't trying to be deceptive, but posting a BJJ technique with a brown belt next to your name suggests that the guy knows what he's doing. Seeing the same video knowing that he's a blue belt puts it in context. Sharing is cool. Being shady isn't. Sharing an idea is cool. Posting it like an instructional that comes from your "system" is not cool.

I'm a youtube fan. Some of my highest percentage moves are moves that I learned through youtube. The sharing of ideas isn't the problem. The method in which you share can be a problem.

I remember my own experience with a weird "necktie" that I saw on here a few years ago before the video rules were implemented. Failed terribly. Coach Zog looks over at me and chuckles. "I know what you were trying. Not every one of those videos on the forums actually work." Imagine if I were a ronin. Imagine if I attend a school that has a blue belt instructor. I could've spent a ton of time wasting my time on a super low percentage move that only works on white belts. I'm lucky that I had a knowledgable instructor to steer me straight. Not everyone on this forum has that luxury.

The rules exist for a reason. Not to discourage people from sharing. To protect and help people. Especially if they're trying to ride the 10th planet name. Sure, the truck isn't 10th planet exclusive just like the Marcelotine isn't exclusive to MG and his affiliates. But if some guy posted in a MG forum and said, "Look at me, I"m a brown belt, and check out my variation of the high elbow guillotine that has a problematic entry," I'm sure he'd be met with the same response. Maybe worse. Can't just have videos on here getting the seal of approval before they're even tested. Technically, any non affiliate can post their videos whenever they want. They should just expect critique, not immediate applause.

Like I said, like you said, like Eddie said, the leg entanglement is dope, but the entry is problematic. Time will tell if "Wing-jitsu" tries to improve his idea and actually sticks around on the forums. If you can figure it out, more power to you. But in the meantime, it makes more sense for us to look at this video for what it is. A blue belt with an untested idea that needs improvement. As I usually tell people who post questionable techniques, I hope they figure it out and make it work because it looks like it has potential.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    How about these?

Dude, the first few techs suck. But I can vouch for the ball flurries and the move where you push yourself deeper into the choke.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Ok, so the rule isn't only brown or blacks can show videos.

It's if you're brown or black, you can post videos. If you're not, you need to have hit the move in competition before posting.

That makes sense.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Good points all round I love this forum

Array

School
    S.A.S Martial Arts
    Wow, are you all still banging on about my video, thats cool haha.

Hey Ben, thanks for the positive words my friend, if everybody in the world had your outlook, then the world would be a better place. You are correct, we dont have access to a 10th planet gym so all my 10th planet technique attempts are from what i have tried to learn from Eddies books and by watching MTS so forgive any silly mistakes and lack of knowledge of the defences that i am unaware of, thats exactly why i came on the forum. Im certain somebody who has a greater knowledge of the system can find a much better entry point and make the whole thing work against anyone.

Hey Chris, you are a true gent as always, thanks for the words, appreciate it mate.

Bobby dude......why so serious man?? Im not on here for fame or money, ive already got money and i dont need fame. I dont teach jiu jitsu for comp, i teach for self defence, were just having some fun over here, something clearly you are not a fan of. My advice, which is free btw haha, smoke a joint and spend a bit more time getting some pussy instead of being negative on here. And on a side note, my mate on the video said he is at least 135lbs haha. Keep smiling dude.

Theres too much focus put on belts people, your belt is for holding your pants up or your Gi closed, and seen as though this is 10th planet (NO GI), well the focus should be on the jiu jitsu and trying help each other to be the best we can.

Being honest is fine guys, i appreciate it, but it costs nothing to be polite, so once again, thanks to all for the positive feedback, and for all you negative people, well, i dont lower myself to be negative, i am a Martial Arts instructor, my job is to build people up and give them confidence and help them as much as i can in a positive way to help them learn, it is NEVER to put them down.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Only blackbelts showing techniques has NEVER been a rule.As I said before the brown belt rules was ORIGINALLY the rule, that was put in place by Eddie (which he put me in charge of enforcing here as the forum moderater). All thats being asked now is that it has been tested in competition with success before being posted, why is this so hard to comprehend or get behind? You may think its obvious (supporting my point that a experienced grappler can see that), however it's clearly not obvious to newer guys what has and hasn't been tested live, which is one of the reasons for the vetting process.

There have been a number of phonies and charlatans that where exposed and booted for claiming false ranks and posting techniques over the years. We've had several fake black and brown belts that came here looking for validation or props trying to attach 10th Planet to their name, draggin us down with them. We've had that in the past and in nearly destroyed 10th Planet's credibility, likely before your time. A vetting process is a necessity.
    Personally I'm glad of the rule - as a keen Blue belt I would have wasted a lot of time perfecting this entry as it looks badass and it was posted by a brown belt after all, I put my trust in the senior guys on the forum and whilst I love the open mindedness of the 10th Planet system there has to be a filter to protect the tadpoles

That being said Craig has done a great job in teaching me a lesson in truck control even if its what not to do so its all good - we all grow together right! I wouldn't take it personally dude think how much BS Chris would have taken from posers over the years he is just doing his job.

hope to see you at 10th Planet Birmingham one day Mate

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing-Jitsu Craig View Post
    spend a bit more time getting some pussy.
    But.. I'm gay.

The last thing anybody has ever called me is serious. Or negative for that matter. You're defensive. It was only perceived to be negative on your end but was actually for the greater good. Stick around and find out. The reason why is because you lied. I refuse to believe it was an accident but also have no desire to hold a grudge. This was never really about you. It was the format in which you presented your tech. Is it too much to ask that you feel a community out before spamming it with your instructionals? I love this site and also learned primarily through the books and this site. Have been since 10thplanetwatch and the old forum. Which is why I can spot the flaws over vid and tell from the gate you weren't a brown. Was right on both counts.. Again..

I hope you stick around. I hope one of your students catches the tech in comp. So, take your own advice and smoke down then go beat down some pussy. Continue training and coaching and we'll all move forward from here.

Array

School
    S.A.S Martial Arts
    I didnt lie dude, like i explained in a previous post, i didnt know the belt rank was only for BJJ or 10th planet, i have a brown belt in wing chun which is why i put it as that, then when chris informed me that the belt rank was only for 10th or bjj i changed it to blue as i trained in the gi for a little while and was given a blue, if i was a lier then i would have left it as brown wouldnt i pal. I have never used a forum before so didnt realise there was a protocol for things, that could have been explained in much more polite way. The only reason i put the video on here is coz i thought the end part was cool and i hadnt seen it before. I just thought the idea behind a forum was to share, (whether its good or shit), then people can help one another.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast