Kron Gracie out of ADCC 2015

Damn! No rematch with Garry Tonon I guess. At least not this year. It's always lame when the reigning champ doesn't come back to defend.

https://instagram.com/p/3PvPMQmzqt/

INSTANEWS: Kron @riokid Gracie revealed to GRACIEMAG's @mardumpa at the 2015 Worlds that he is not competing at this year's ADCC. | The 77kg division champion in 2013 decided to devote all his time to his MMA career. | "I've competed a lot with and without the gi and now it's time to fight MMA." | Asked what he learned with his first fight, months ago, Kron said: "the punching did not scare me as I got punched a lot in training. I know that if the training is hard the fight is easy."

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Thats a real shame because he is such an incredible grappler but his MMA is seriously limited, his striking was horrible in his last fight and he pulled guard very early on - he has a lot of work to do before he is a threat in MMA imo. I think the first decent striker or wrestler who can stop him on the ground will stop him but lets see what happens

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Whatever. I'm gonna say it. Kron ducked Tonon.

Kron has not stayed competition active. MMA and BJJ are different worlds. This means that Kron's BJJ hasn't necessarily evolved or improved. Tonon gave him hell just a few months beyond the BJJ Kumite. I know I'm assuming, but we have a lot of video. I think Tonon has improved leaps and bounds since his first Kron encounter. Call me crazy, I think Tonon would upset Kron if they rematched.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Kron should only be training with Jacare. Jacare is the one guy who made the transition and still remained high level.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Boooooooooooo
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    RMNU
    Dang

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin Ireland/ Pedro Bessa ballincollig