Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Rilion Gracie Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I really think this is comical. If a guy is a damn good chef, but he believes in conspiracy theories, does his food suddenly taste bad? Does a mechanic start breaking cars because they're antivax? Do architects ruin building because they believe 9/11 was a set up?

If you have questions about Eddie's BJJ legitimacy, go ask Royler's knee.
    I started by saying I’m happy to vouch for 10p… No need to talk with Royler’s poor knee...

The last thing we want to do is to give someone a reason to walk past a 10p gym and into a McDojo. Regarding the question, “If a guy is a damn good chef, but he believes in conspiracy theories, does his food suddenly taste bad?”, I’d say that depends. If a chef was known for espousing a particularly offensive conspiracy theory, (e.g., the Holocaust never happened, the Sandy Hook massacre was faked, etc.), I wouldn’t go to his restaurant, no way. Would you?

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    I don't know guys, Bill O'Reilly just can't be wrong about this many things. He just can't! THE TIDE GOES IN, THE TIDE GOES OUT...YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT! If you heard it on Fox News, it's gotta be true.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    I lived through Sandy Hook and have friends and students who lost loved ones. I worked with Newtown in creating various memorials. I have zero respect for the bullshit posted about Sandy Hook conspiracy. I've heard it and read it and it is utterly ludicrous. I lived through it. Was here as a student was rushed out of my classroom because of her sister. Not everything is uncertain. Sandy Hook is one of them. It certainly happened.

The smoke of the event has not yet finished settling before dozens of conspiracy theories begin revising the official account, adding even more ruins to the ruins, adding even more smoke to the smoke. What has become of critique when my neighbor in the little Bourbonnais village where I live looks down on me as someone hopelessly naıve because I believe that the United States had been attacked by terrorists? Remember the good old days when university professors could look down on unsophisticated folks because those hillbillies naıvely believed in church, motherhood, and apple pie? Things have changed a lot, at least in my village. I am now the one who naıvely believes in some facts because I am educated, while the other guys are too unsophisticated to be gullible: “Where have you been? Don’t you know that the Mossad and the CIA did it?” -Bruno Latour

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin Ireland/ Pedro Bessa ballincollig
    wacko conspiracy theories? that's a matter of opinion surely? which we are all entitled to. If Eddie didn't think outside we wouldn't have his seriously awesome jiu jitsu. I pray to the gods of metal there will be a 10 planet school in Ireland at some point!

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin Ireland/ Pedro Bessa ballincollig
    wacko conspiracy theories? that's a matter of opinion surely? which we are all entitled to. If Eddie didn't think outside the box we wouldn't have his seriously awesome jiu jitsu. I pray to the gods of metal there will be a 10 planet school in Ireland at some point!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Grayson View Post
    I started by saying I’m happy to vouch for 10p… No need to talk with Royler’s poor knee...

The last thing we want to do is to give someone a reason to walk past a 10p gym and into a McDojo. Regarding the question, “If a guy is a damn good chef, but he believes in conspiracy theories, does his food suddenly taste bad?”, I’d say that depends. If a chef was known for espousing a particularly offensive conspiracy theory, (e.g., the Holocaust never happened, the Sandy Hook massacre was faked, etc.), I wouldn’t go to his restaurant, no way. Would you?
    That's not what I asked. I asked if their food was suddenly less delicious. Rhetorical question unless you're an idiot. I'm sure you're not. My point is that the quality of someone's work is not tainted by his or her beliefs. I mean seriousluy

This is jiu jitsu not politics or religion.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I mean seriously, would dead orchard suddenly stop working just because Nate Orchard believes Cheney and Bush wanted a war so they could profit from it? Obviously not. It's a stupid notion. It's illogical. It's foolish. Opinions on one thing doesn't negate the efficacy of another.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    I think if I asked all the instructors I have had about their views on politics, religion, and a number of other topics we probably would disagree on more than we agree on. Does this mean that I have not learned a great deal from them, of course not. One has nothing to do with the other. Agree or disagree Eddie has the balls to put his opinions out for everyone to know.

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    Interesting post Brett and although I don't see it as an issue I can see where your coming from.

Pretty sure if it stops people walking into a 10 gym etc they are not the sort of people 10 necessarily want anyway so no loss.

I does sadden me a little reading these forums sometimes though when someone like you brings up an idea that is a little 'negative' towards Eddie he gets 'jumped' on.
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bruhn View Post
    Interesting post Brett and although I don't see it as an issue I can see where your coming from.

Pretty sure if it stops people walking into a 10 gym etc they are not the sort of people 10 necessarily want anyway so no loss.

I does sadden me a little reading these forums sometimes though when someone like you brings up an idea that is a little 'negative' towards Eddie he gets 'jumped' on.
    1) No one got jumped on here.

2)For those that are actually part of the system, we've been defending Eddie from ridiculous attacks all over the internet for years, do think we are going to let it happen here on his own forum? No.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast