Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Whats the point of life according to everyone's opinion?

This is a deep subject. Everyone thinks about this kinda of thing as in, what happens when I die? Why am I here? Where did the universe come from? So in thinking what is your opinion to why we are here. If your Religious your welcome to share but no "I'm right your wrong statements."

Anyhow i believe life has no purpose. I was super Religious for around 20 years of my life. The last three have opened my eyes as I have really researched what Religion is and the Bible (being that America is mostly Christian). I think that we are here as a freak accident. So if you do good and leave a legacy behind you will be remembered (as those in the past have). But if you are anyone else time will consume you with death and be erased from history. Sad isn't it? Anyhow discuss damn it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Interesting topic. Lots to discuss here. Just wondering why you would start up this thread out of the blue?
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I think the point to life is to learn, be joyous, spread joy, and love. But I'm a little sentimental and I think what feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    Interesting topic. Lots to discuss here. Just wondering why you would start up this thread out of the blue?
    Because I drink early in the morning. And late at night sometimes. Do you not think about this kinda thing Mr. Louis? It bugs the shit out of me. I'm a happy person but you can't say you don't think about it some. Lots of interesting conversation to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    I think the point to life is to learn, be joyous, spread joy, and love. But I'm a little sentimental and I think what feels right.
    I agree. Be the best you can be. Just wish it was a bit longer and we aged slower lol.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville
    AWESOME!! ^>^ questions that no one can really answer... my turn!
    "Do people in China get tattoo's of English words on themselves?"

But seriously, The meaning of life can be interpreted from perosn to person, some think we are here to destroy the earth over time, :EX cars, factories with smog etc. and some think we are here to dominate every inch of the world. There are also some that believe that our lives are a great test before we die as to whether or not we burn or go to heaven.

Im not the most religious person in the world but I am a God fearing person.
    science says the first life was made form atoms and particals of bacteria. Well, where did the bacteria come from? microbacteria. ok? where did that come from? and what ever made that where did that come from? everything seems to have stemed from something else and another thing before that. but when you divide and downgrade to the very 1st molecule or w/e, Where did that come from if there was nothing at all in the universe, no gas, no particals, no microbes no nothing! Where did the very 1st most smallest thing whether it be gas or microscropic come from? I go to church and believe, however I do not follow everything to the T because I dont believe in letting a set group or doctrin Dictate my entire life. I dont push people about becomming christians or converting, honestly buddhism, jewish faith, and others are actually a little interesting to me. I dont exactly agree with it but if you look closely. alot of different religions tell the same thing but a different version. A day of night, then light, 40 days and nights of rain. they may not be exact but they have key relations in comparison. So how do people seperated by miles of land and water end up having relative stories when they've never came into contact with eachother before travel?

I say to each man his own, When i first read the topic i thought of joe rogans views and alot of it i agree with.
    choose your path and stick to it, The golden rule is to treat others how you wanna be treated, be nicer, give to charity, BE HAPPY.
    dont let anyone tell you how to live your life.

Keep an open mind, be humble, be kind, do what is right, fight for what is right. Live YOUR life.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Just collect experiences. Set an insane unattainable goal in front of you and just enjoy the ride and where it takes you.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    I agree. Be the best you can be. Just wish it was a bit longer and we aged slower lol.
    If you believe what Ray Kurzweil says, and I do, we as humans are technologically on the cusp of attaining extremely long life spans. I'd look the dude up if I were you. He makes me optimistic.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Find happiness. It's different for everyone, some find happiness in money, some find it in family/loved ones, some find it in sports, some find it in adrenaline chasing, etc. It's broad but that's gotta be the point of life in my opinion.

Array

School
    Mario Roberto Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    It might be a depressing thought, but I think your life isn't for you, it's for everyone else. By that I mean that when you're dead, what difference did you make? What legacy did you leave? Because who is there to know about these things, people who are still alive, right? Answering these questions in a positive way, leaving a positive mark is the meaning of life.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast