Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Trials MMA

How much money to open a gym?

Alright I know this question will vary wildly depending on a number of circumstances and there are definitely ways to make opening a gym cheaper or more expensive but approx. how much would you say it would take to open and run a jiu jitsu/mma gym? Im mainly talking to moon heads here but please anyone chime in. How much did you have or how much did you invest initially into your business or whats the very least you would have invested in order to feel comfortable making the move? Im sure hindsight here would be huge for alot of you.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Are you still in Greeley? If so, there should be some cheap spots one could open a gym, either in a somewhat retail area, or warehouse. I would love to have a 10P in Fort Collins, but it's getting pretty frickin' expensive here now that they legalized weed, and on that note, warehouses are hard to come by here too.

Related point, you can often find used mats on Craigslist.

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Yes, I do still live in Greeley

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Next to nothing if you know what you're doing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Not that much, but I'd say keeping it running is more the tricky part. If you need any tips let me know. I'm not a moonhead, but I've stood by Sean's side through the whole journey. It's been a learning experience, but we are opening a second location this month.

Piece of advice, it's pretty obvious, but get your overhead as low as possible. You can always move to a bigger nicer spot. Don't get in over your head. Start small and grow. Get people in the door. I try to talk to someone about it (jiu jitsu, kickboxing, mma, self defense)everyday and to set up an intro lesson for them with one of the instructors. Like I said, its more about what happens after you open the gym. Getting one open could be done for as little as: first month's rent, rent deposit, electricity deposit, water deposit. Then phone and internet are necessary, but that can be done w your cell if you don't want to have it hooked up.

Also, there's affiliation dues if you're opening a 10p school. You'd want to talk to someone about that as well.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Just from a business standpoint I'd say you would need to have at least a year's worth of expenses covered. The rent, power, insurance, etc will keep coming in monthly with or without members. I'd start very small. Keep the overhead as low as possible. Maybe even look at starting by tacking onto an established business like a cross fit gym or martial arts gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    Elaborate

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    charlie_and_the_chocolate_factory_willy_wonka_gene_wilder_1920x1080_wallpaper_Wallpaper_1280x102.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast