Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Best martial art for street fights...is Parkour! You'd be gone in a flash.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by John Roderick View Post
    We have to be careful of the source of any guy claiming to be a "Jeet Kune Do" guy. Because of a LOT of confusion, a LOT of people have claimed to be JKD guys without any real idea or training from a good instructor. A lot of guys mistake the movie choreography for what Si Jo Lee was all about.
    Street fighting, tournament JJ, and MMA are all very different. Things I can/would do in a street fight differe greatly from what I'd do and am ALLOWED to do in a grappling tourney or MMA match. Now, training for MMA can help you prepare for a street fight, but some of the LAST things I'd do would be a shot for a single, Fighting from or pulling guard, and (sorry) using a lot of Rubber Guard. Especially if there were any weapons involved. Look, here's the reality-you don't engage to WIN a street fight, you engage to SURVIVE and get away. You can't control who's around you or who will jump you. There is no honor or one on one in it. You can't account for the drunk who just wants to hit someone. Your motivation should be stopping the guy long enough to get the Hell out of there. Period.
    exactly. See my street fighting technique is very popular in the clubs..the doug stanhope "chest bumping until the bouncers come" technique. It's quite effective, no one gets hurt and you can talk to your girl and say.."yeah baby, if security didn't come I would have busted dude up!"

But in all seriousness...you mentioned the number one rule of self defense in a "wheel self-defence switchation" -- get the hell out of there. The best gun disarm is to go to clubs with metal detectors

His name is Todd Keuneke and he is a criminal, that's all you need to know about him. The less you speak about him the better, Joe and Eddie need not make him famous.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas White View Post
    His name is Todd Keuneke and he is a criminal, that's all you need to know about him. The less you speak about him the better, Joe and Eddie need not make him famous.
    yeah, he's like candyman, if you say his name 3 times in a mirror your wallet will disappear. If you must have the whole story, go to bullshido.com and search his name

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by djradoff View Post
    This may have been posted at some point but it's new to me so enjoy a few minutes of retard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGoYfluF8mI
    there's also a youtube clip of some karate guy rushing eddie at HQ..that was funnier..but didn't know if it was real or fake. Seemed real and if it was that piece of shit should have been arrested.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    there's also a youtube clip of some karate guy rushing eddie at HQ..that was funnier..but didn't know if it was real or fake. Seemed real and if it was that piece of shit should have been arrested.
    It was faked.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRace727 View Post
    It was faked.
    thank God...I was like wtf is up withe modern day gan sou at eddie's spot? We could just roll up on opposing dojos and shit...lol..

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    I'm glad John posted on this. This guy is a joke. We have plenty of JKD guys on this forum. If you want answers, talk to us. Everyday I use 10th Planet JJ against JKD and I've got lots of war stories.

yeah thats basicly what I was saying, street fights should be avoided at all costs, pure example if you know of the fairtex coach alex gong? his car was hit and the guy made a dash for it he ran after the guy caught up with his car at the lights and the guy shot him dead! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Gong such a waste! but my idea of jiu jist on the street is if you hit the ground you know how to reverse the situation to get back on your feet and as john put it, survive so you can get the hell outa dodge. not getting involved in street fights is smart not cowardly, too any young guys have been killed where i live over nothing simply because they were fighting, fell and hit their head badly as they fell

What is wrong with shooting for a takedown? Not all street fights are for survival you know. Sometimes its just the guy you work with that is mad at you for some reason and needs to be taken down and calmed down not have his eyes gouged out.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast