Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco

The Denny Prokopos Show Episode 3 With Mark Reifkind Ketogenic diet and Kettlebell

The Denny Prokopos Show Episode 3 With Mark Reifkind
    Topics covered
    -KetoGenic Diet
    -What is Ketosis
    -Why fat for fuel instead of sugar for fuel?
    -Who is Ketogenic diet for?
    -Benefits of Ketosis?
    -Benefits of Ketosis for Athlete?
    -Why Is Ketodiet not for everybody?
    -What Mark Reifkind Eats plus info on Intermittent fasting
    - What is a good Kettlebell Strength exercise for Jiu Jitsu/mma?
    -What is a good kettlebell exercise for conditioning for bjj/mma

https://soundcloud.com/denny-prokopo...-mark-reifkind

Enjoy

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Thanks so much for this. I have been doing IF and keto on and off for awhile and was wondering if this is a good idea for Jiu jitsu. Glad to see that other high level grapplers and instructors speaking about this.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Graham View Post
    Thanks so much for this. I have been doing IF and keto on and off for awhile and was wondering if this is a good idea for Jiu jitsu.
    If it wasn't Im pretty sure Denny wouldn't be doing it. Although doing a ketogenic diet "on and off" is probably not the best idea. It takes your body some time to adjust to burning fat exclusively. If you're going to do it, stick to it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Ya exactly, IF I have been doing fairly solid but will take a break every 9 months or so for about a week. Keto I have not done in 2 years but lost a lot of weight (35lbs) with it in 2 months. I felt very tired the first few days but after awhile it became normal for me. I stopped when I reached my goal weight of 165 but I never exercised on it and seems like a good idea for energy levels. I am competing again soon so I am looking into trying this again. I hate that crash in the day when I break my fast I feel like falling asleep and I think it's the carbs. The thing I read with restricting carbs for too long is it depletes your body of leptin levels but I cannot find any info on that now so it may have been bs or I misunderstood. Cheers

Array

School
    10th Planet Apple Valley
    Quote Originally Posted by DENNY PROKOPOS View Post

Awesome, thanks for posting this!