Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    If the sun and moon orbit the north pole, the phases of the moon would change during the night as the angles between them and you changed.

We havent really talked about that, but there's another one for ya.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    I'm honest and can admit that I don't know everything about f.e. and cannot explain everything. I do know the math for the supposed convex curvature and that it cannot be detected or measured on earth. If it could be measured you would have provided the formula or experiment by a scientist or video of a lecture that we could then test and verify.
    You HAVE to admit you dont know everything about it, because you cannot explain away all the logical flaws so that's your only recourse.

What you cannot do is admit the evidence demonstrates it's roundness.

If the earth is round, you might appear wrong, gullible, and silly.... for that reason alone it MUST be flat!
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 04-14-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    "I dont know everything about it" is ACTUALLY saying "these arguments you make invalidate my model, and i cannot find a youtube video to refute them, so I'm going to claim ignorance as a way of dismissing the logical problems in my model"

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Where's the curve dude ? That's all I'm saying. Neil Degrasse, Laurence Krauss... somebody should be able to demonstrate the convex curvature of the ball practically as well as mathematically.

Array

School
    I'm out for now.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Where's the curve dude ? That's all I'm saying. Neil Degrasse, Laurence Krauss... somebody should be able to demonstrate the convex curvature of the ball practically as well as mathematically.
    When a boat goes over the horizon and the bottom gets cut off, that's the curvature. When you sail away from a city and the water line comes up on the buildings, that's the curvature. The tops of the buildings are not getting small as fast as the water line comes up. That's the curvature.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 04-14-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    When you watch a rocket, it gets smaller and smaller until it eventually vanishes.

If you watch the boat it gets smaller, and then the water line starts creeping up. The water line creeps up much faster than the boat gets smaller. Eventually the water line creeps over the top of the boat and you cannot see it anymore, even with binoculars. Zoom in as much as you want, you cannot see the boat anymore.

A rocket going up does not do this. It just gets smaller, and smaller and smaller. Until you can ONLY see it with binoculars.

Do you see the difference between a rocket or plane vanishing and a boat going over the horizon? (one gets cut off, the other doesnt)

How can you possibly tell me that the boat is "perspective"? The ROCKET is perspective! Perspective means things get smaller as they get further away. Perspective has nothing to do with the water line obscuring the bottom half of a boat! I dont care what youtube links you post, that's not how perspective works.

Perspective means things are smaller when further away. The water line on the boat goes UP. That's not perspective, that's curvature.

Your assertion that curvature has never been demonstrated or proven or observed is poppycock.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 04-14-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    When a boat goes over the horizon and the bottom gets cut off, that's the curvature. When you sail away from a city and the water line comes up on the buildings, that's the curvature. The tops of the buildings are not getting small as fast as the water line comes up. That's the curvature.
    That's not a display of curvature. It is perspective with the horizon and vanishing point.

Array

School

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Is there a picture of a map, of the British Empire of the time in which thier slogn was " an empire on which the sun never sets" on a flat Eart map???

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast