Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    that mountain video is the best yet. The guy's on a mountain looking at other mountains, trying to detect curvature of the Earth.... yet another opportunity to think for yourself and watch less videos.
    You seem so snarky but to be honest you are kind of embarrassing yourself in my opinion. Sorry. He's not just looking at them. Their height is measured by sea level, not some fool with a tape measure from the ground... So knowing the height, as measured from sea level (barometricly I believe), allows their position relative to one another to shed quite a lot of light on what the shape of said level would be or at least how it expresses itself across a predetermined distance.

I think it's also extremely rude to treat someone like they aren't even thinking for themselves because they don't agree with you. #whitebeltinmanners

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanfit View Post
    You seem so snarky but to be honest you are kind of embarrassing yourself in my opinion. Sorry. He's not just looking at them. Their height is measured by sea level, not some fool with a tape measure from the ground... So knowing the height, as measured from sea level (barometricly I believe), allows their position relative to one another to shed quite a lot of light on what the shape of said level would be or at least how it expresses itself across a predetermined distance.

So you dont believe nasa photos but you believe what the USGS tells you about the elevation of a mountain from sea level? And you're going to use that to prove Earth is Flat?

So the same people who told you the earth is round (usgs) tells you that the mountain should be X feet, and that makes you think it's flat.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanfit View Post
    I think it's also extremely rude to treat someone like they aren't even thinking for themselves because they don't agree with you. #whitebeltinmanners
    I would be a lot less snarky if someone would tell me how Argentina has a 17 hour day in the same month that Sidney has a 14 hour day on the Flat Earth map.

So yeah, people who want to just disregard that are not thinking for themselves. If you are persuaded by some dude with an iphone talking for an hour about mountain heights and you disregard the obvious observable flaws in your model, you are not thinking.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Here's what you do to know for sure. On Dec 21st travel to southern Argentina. Note the daylight hours. Then fly to Fairbanks Alaska, and make more notes. Then fly to Sidney Australia and make more notes.

Now go back home and try to draw a picture of your flat earth that makes sense.

If after that exercise you still think it's flat, you're not thinking.

You want to tell me it's flat because some english guy couldnt prove curvature in some canal experiment he did in the 1800's or whatever, that's not compelling. A dude in a boat with with a drone looking at Chicago is not compelling. A guy on his iphone looking at information from some government agency, that's not compelling.

What's compelling is I can explain why the sun is where it is when I look at it, everywhere on Earth, at all times of the year.

Big gulps huh? ... Cooool .... Well, see ya later!

Wow looks like I avoided a major shit storm.

You both are right on some things and mistaken with some things.

Earth is indeed stationary. Michelson-Morley, Sagnac, Airy's failure all prove this conclusively. Don't listen to the mainstreams deliberate obfuscation of the data. Study the original experiments. Stay away from Wikipedia. Could a Geocentric stationary globe model exist? It's possible, but has a lot of holes in it. The mainstream globe model is most certainly wrong though.

Earth is also not flat. We know this by observing the pole stars rotating in opposite directions in the hemispheres.

So now we know what earth isn't. Out of all the models, which has the ONLY physical line experiment ever done to back it up? Concave Earth and the Rectilineator experiment. It is the surest bet, which qualifies both a stationary earth and explains everything we observe in the night sky, including phenomenon the heliocentric model fails at such as geigenshein, lunar eclipse when sun and moon are together in the sky, planetary retrograde etc.

Just sit still and pay close attention. Earth is not moving.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    People all over the world are testing the curvature and demonstrating that it's flat.

Jason, every single video made by flat earthers of the curvature shows that the earth isn't flat. The bottom portion of the objects at a distance are always clipped off, which wouldn't happen if the earth were flat.

Take this video which "proves" there is no curvature:

Look at the difference in visibility between close to sea level and 35 feet elevation:

Do you realize the surface of the earth is not flat and every single video made by flat earthers trying to show flatness actually disproves it?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalredemption View Post
    Jason, every single video made by flat earthers of the curvature shows that the earth isn't flat. The bottom portion of the objects at a distance are always clipped off, which wouldn't happen if the earth were flat.

Take this video which "proves" there is no curvature:

Look at the difference in visibility between close to sea level and 35 feet elevation:

Do you realize the surface of the earth is not flat and every single video made by flat earthers trying to show flatness actually disproves it?
    Perspective explains it. There is a vanishing point to perspective. No matter how powerful the zoom is on any telephoto lens there is a point where the bottom of an image will appear to be cut off.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast