Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    You should ask

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beaumont View Post
    I'm training with Fabio Santos this weekend in Yuma, Fabio said 2 weeks ago that Royler might becoming with him. Do you think it's cool just to ask if he does or should I avoid the topic. Maybe I'll give him a 10th planet Yuma shirt, whatta you think?
    Definitely ask! Just be very respectful. No harm in that.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beaumont View Post
    I'm training with Fabio Santos this weekend in Yuma, Fabio said 2 weeks ago that Royler might becoming with him. Do you think it's cool just to ask if he does or should I avoid the topic. Maybe I'll give him a 10th planet Yuma shirt, whatta you think?
    Maybe he's coming to see you, to brush up on his 10th planet defense oooooo lol ......Just joking
    formerly known as jmw0582

Yuma BJJ is a cool bunch headed by a world class Santos black belt. Plus I've only respect for Fabio and anyone connected to him. I have however had a few awkward discussions re: Gracie/10P and were my focus lies forwhich I might be a blue belt there untill the day I die. I just don't want to stick my foot in my mouth (again) with Royler.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Wow, that would be so amazing. First of all, Eddie does more nogi, and trains with more top nogi guys. I would assume Eddie is more comfortable than Royler with other non-traditional, non TPJJ positions as well, such as 50/50, deep-half, etc. Another thing to consider is that Royler is now 45 years old. Eddie (sorry to call out your age man, but it's on wikipedia so I figure it's no secret) is 5 years younger. The difference is much bigger now than it was 7 years ago. I think Eddie is probably in way better relative shape as well, if you compare current conditioning levels to the difference in conditioning between them in 2003. Furthermore, I don't see Royler importing a bunch of TPJJ guys to train for Eddie (as he should, if anyone would go). He is too confident in his own game to do that. In other words, while Royler is no easy fight for anybody, I think everything favors Eddie in a match like this. That being said, if this happens, you better train your ass off Eddie, because after 2003, you know he's going to. Good luck!

I've got faith in my master.

Will be a good match between two Jiu Jitsu masters.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    it would probably be the most watched jiu jitsu/grappling match ever!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesRacked View Post
    ...Furthermore, I don't see Royler importing a bunch of TPJJ guys to train for Eddie (as he should, if anyone would go). He is too confident in his own game to do that. In other words, while Royler is no easy fight for anybody, I think everything favors Eddie in a match like this. That being said, if this happens, you better train your ass off Eddie, because after 2003, you know he's going to. Good luck!
    1. If any nibiru warrior helps Royler so much as cross the street to learn 10PJJ they shall be keel-hauled on the 10th Planet Cruise. Drinks and buffet to follow.

2. Agree 1000%. Eddie's been evolving the whole world of jiu jitsu since 2003. Most of the Gracies haven't. Royler better be learnin' some magic tricks...

3. While I would never presume for a moment to speak for either of them, I would hope in my heart that Einstein would bring the full weight of his conditioning expertise to bear on Eddie's camp. Regardless, I can't see Eddie being in anything less than peak form for such a rematch.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Holy Shit. If this is legit this will be historic. Fuck Yeah

Array

School
    Impact Martrial Arts
    Royler to win by sorcerer..

This will be a good match but I'd love to see Eddie vs. Leo again too..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast