Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai

Books and Resources on the business side of running a successful gym

Hi guys,

Im a full time BJJ coach here in Shanghai, but I would like to learn more about the business side of owning/opening a gym. When I look down the road, it is something I want to do someday. If I can start getting a better idea of what skills I need now, surely it will make things easier when the time comes.

Also if you guys want to share any tips on this side that you have seen or experienced I am sure many people here would appreciate it.

Thanks

Tyler

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Casselman View Post
    Hi guys,

Im a full time BJJ coach here in Shanghai, but I would like to learn more about the business side of owning/opening a gym. When I look down the road, it is something I want to do someday. If I can start getting a better idea of what skills I need now, surely it will make things easier when the time comes.

Also if you guys want to share any tips on this side that you have seen or experienced I am sure many people here would appreciate it.

Thanks

Tyler
    I've learned the most from my peers and trial/error, but early on I picked up a lot of good knowledge from the Barbell Business podcast. It's mostly crossfit based, but a lot of the same business practices apply to martial arts.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

I took courses on small business and services. Book keeping, marketing and running the business takes alot of my time. I would study those also. Video marketing and photography important. I personally find being laid back and not too strict works.