Thread: Prison Guard

Array

School
    Tarpein's Next Generation Martial Arts

Prison Guard

In "The Ultimate Rubber Guard" Eddie mentions Prison Guard being a separate video series.

I want to petition that an in depth Prison Guard instructional is actually made lol.

Array

School
    Carlos machado Shreveport Louisiana
    Yeah that would be cool checkout the new mts with the x homie control back take variation

Array

School
    I have, I would just like to see a more in-depth analysis of the position.

People at my school have been getting wise to my Overhook/Rubberguard game and not wanting to engage so I am trying to develop my Underhook/Prison Guard game from the bottom.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    It is essentially a pinch head lock to a throw by starting from various forms of guard. There are various references on youtube featuring pinch head lock series from both standing and guard if you are having trouble finding sufficient information on the subject. There was a specific tutorial on the Mookie by Eddie from a long time ago that was uploaded by Submissions 101 that I think would be particularly helpful, but it appears it is no longer on youtube. I am also more of a fan of transitioning to the swim move from prison guard, but to each their own.

Array

School
    I have been hitting the swim move and back take a lot. I was just looking for some more information.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    It would be cool to see Eddie revisit this in a tutorial. Around the time the original 10th Planet site launched, Submissions 101 filmed a Prison Guard seminar Eddie did in Victoria that was my introduction to it. I cannot find it any longer either. I wish I could be more help, but searching pinch head lock on youtube should yield good information. Teach Me Grappling's Coach Brian has some videos on the subject. Also John Danaher black belt, Brian Glick has some videos posted. The Greco tutorials on youtube about the pinch headlock aren't bad either.