Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    What does "destroyed" mean? When you roll with everyone, eventually you will get tapped by somebody. It's not a big deal. Unlike some instructors who just sit on their ass while everyone else is rolling.
    Science!!!!!!

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    Everyone gets lucky. And maybe he was one of those blue belts who has been a blue belt for years or maybe Eddie was being nice. You know, Josh Barnett is only a Black Belt because EriK Paulson says he's a Black Belt. Josh went from white to black because Erik said so. And Josh won a big Jiu Jitsu tournement as a white belt in the black belt division. This belt color thing only matters as much as you want it to matter. I'm going to botch one of Royce Gracie's quotes here: "A black belt only covers 3 inches of your ass. You have to cover the rest."
    POINT.SET.MATCH!! Beautifully put. End of story.

Array

School
    10p CM/BP/OR/LV
    Who gives a shit. Haters gonna hate. All I know is I learn something from Eddie every time I'm in HQ. who keeps score anyway? This is a stupid thread.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Dude it was Big Red, the Big Red that got his Brown Belt in 4 years, the Big Red that won ADCC Trials, Gracie Worlds and No-Gi Worlds that has 75lbs. on Eddie??

Array

School
    blank
    Aliens

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Damn this thread turned out cool once I learned it was big red. Can't wait to see him back in action.

Array

School
    Drysdale Jiu Jitsu EP
    Louis got it right, I got the shit beat out of me by a blue belt last time I went to Robert Drysdales. It was Tyson Griffin's brother , who was an Oklahoma State wrestler.he literally mopped the mats with me. I had a long talk with Robert over the weekend about how belts are becoming more and more irrelevant due to the level of training etc. that some of the people getting involved in jiu jitsu. You really have the wrong idea of what belts represent of you think a purple belt should be able to kick every blue belts ass and so on. Not to shine Eddie's balls, but the instruction I get from watching these videos and actually stopping by HQ has immensely helped my game! I'm sure everyone on this forum can attest to that....

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    That was a mind trip reading this old thread like it was current lol wtf?

Until I'm an instructor and have a vested interest in other peoples games, I kinda feel silly talking about what I saw on the jiu jitsu mat at practice. By definition, when I talk about another persons roll, I was sitting on the side line while two other people were actually participating. I definitely take rounds off, but when I do, I always try to learn something instead of projecting my own insecurities. What a tool for going off and talking about somebody else's practice on the internet. Usually this type of character flaw works its self out in jiu jitsu. At the risk of being a cliche, this situation reminds me of this quote

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Array

School
    Ronin
    I hope y'all relize this thread it two years old and the blue belt in question has been promoted to brown in that two years and qualified for adcc this year not to mention he has 50 or 60 pounds on Eddie. Kind of a poinless.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast