Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dustin Hazelett Released From UFC

From MMAWeekly.com

"Following a loss to Mark Bocek at UFC 124 in Montreal, Dustin Hazelett has been released from the UFC.

Sources close to the fighter confirmed Hazelett’s release to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday.

The Cincinnati-based fighter had fallen on tough times recently after knee surgery sidelined him for over a year. He returned and dropped his next three fights in a row.

Most recently, Hazelett had dropped down to lightweight to try to rejuvenate things, but Bocek submitted him in Montreal, setting him back further.

During his time with the UFC, Hazelett went 5-5 overall, but managed to pull off some of the craziest submissions in MMA history.

The Jorge Gurgel trained fighter landed a few “Submission of the Night” bonuses during his time with the UFC, and will likely work outside the promotion and try to earn his way back for another shot in the Octagon."

Array

School
    Nomad
    Thats shit, always looked foward to his fights

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by rav View Post
    Thats shit, always looked foward to his fights
    Only fair to the rest of the fighters. No surprise at all.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Strikeforce will probably gobble him up. Interesting matchups at 155 and 170

Yea his time was coming, i really like him.....its sad to see this because tito ortiz just got a fight booked for march agaisnt lil nog. Tito is another one who needs to be cut from the roster.

Array

School
    Derby City MMA/ Ronin
    I told everyone this was coming. He's a good fighter, has good bjj, and seems to be a cool guy, but 5-5, with a three fight losing streak doesnt get you much in the UFC. I hope he'll be back, if not, I'm sure strike force has already probably called him.

Array

School
    Ronin student
    I think Dustin needs to take some time-out and retool his game a bit. His striking and takedowns need some work, to match his jiu-jitsu game.

My hopes of seeing someone hit a (Einstein-Triangle) from (Dogfight) have gone down.......It's all up to George now probably the only one with the 10thP skills to pull it off.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I will always be a fan, should be very interesting to see how he matches up with Strikeforce lighweights
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Quote Originally Posted by eddie bravo View Post
    i will always be a fan, should be very interesting to see how he matches up with strikeforce lighweights
    ttt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast