Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Guerrero BJJ New Jersey

Eddie: Icantbelieveitsnotaplata

I do not have a video of myself doing this so words will have to suffice

1. You are in the Cocoon with an overhook and underhook.

2. You sweep to the overhook side (JJ2 sweep in RG book)

3. Instead of going to mount, or judo side control, you stay flat on your back and throw your far leg over their torso.

4. Having maintained your overhook, crank up with it to apply shoulder lock.

This move was taught to me as 'the upa submission', but that did not sound cool enough. Furthermore I pondered that it would be a great addition to the 10th planet system. Renaming the move proved a challenge:

Butterflyplata does not sound good. For a few hours I was set on sweep-o-plata, but my creativity just would not let that fly. I moved on to Jemimaplata (aunt jemima, butter, butterfly), but that would not suffice. Then while on the mental subject of butter, and margarine, it hit me:

I can't believe it's not a plata

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Butter isn't margarine though!

Damn I love butter on a baked potato.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    if i am imagining it correctly, i believe you are describing the monoplata. check out marcelo garcia's teaching on it in his newest instructional series.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Guerrero BJJ New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    if i am imagining it correctly, i believe you are describing the monoplata. check out marcelo garcia's teaching on it in his newest instructional series.

A few months ago I attended a Carlson Gracie Jr. seminar. From a sprawl control position with his opponent still holding onto a single leg, he sat out twice and applied a shoulder lock with just one leg. He never said the name, but I assumed that was the monoplata since it was like a one-legged omoplata.

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    Butter....Margarine......Slippery Stuff Lol..:-) Sounds Cool would love to see a Vid of it...can you tape it so we can all take a look???

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by OmyPlata View Post
    A few months ago I attended a Carlson Gracie Jr. seminar. From a sprawl control position with his opponent still holding onto a single leg, he sat out twice and applied a shoulder lock with just one leg. He never said the name, but I assumed that was the monoplata since it was like a one-legged omoplata.
    the monoplata is done with the opponent's back on the ground.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Sounds like what I call the honey moon arm bar ... I do it off the mechanic and then stay on my back overhooking his arm and finish it that way ... if what Im visualizing is correct. I got video of it I ll try to find.
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    We do an inverted omaplata in my gym that you can take from turtle or TSC (or a few other spots). I'll do my best to explain, but it is a little complicated. Here we go...

Say you are in TSC on top, with your right side up, left side down. He gets his right arm past your hips, so it is closer to his legs than your hips. You grab his wrist with your right hand, and weave your left leg so that your knee is under his right shoulder and then your shin is over his right forearm, hooking back in towards your other leg (like a backward omaplata). Jam your left elbow high under his armpit, posture, and rotate forward so that your weight is on your left knee. It gets tight really fast, so we were warned to be careful practicing with it at first. Maybe there is another name for it?

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    get a videoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast