Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet, Victory Belt Publishing
    I am currently stationed in San Diego, Ca

Failed Arm Crush to Knee Bar from the Spiderweb

Ok, I know in the Arm Crush Technique, you are supposed to figure four the legs and lock it behind his head, but its a little difficult for me, and sometimes as I bring my leg across to execute the arm crush, my forearm slips so my hook under his arm isnt that deep. So I came up with this while rolling, and I'd like to know what you think. Video Responses would be greatly appreciated, but im sure yall are way too busy for that, especially the guys at submissions 101. However, any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    I think I would have to see it live. It seems like it is a little clunky still. I will play with it live in my next practice and follow up with you.

Rigan Machado showed us a similar tech at his seminar so if he says its valid its legit, BUT, I'd say its more important to get your spiderweb down, like getting your deep hook deeper, elbow to elbow reaching for your own waist and keeping it that deep. I have been in trouble in the past for attempting to reinvent the wheel and come up with new stuff, before actually getting what techniques I have learned, down solid. So same advice I've been given, make sure what techniques you have been taught/you have seen, you have down solid. That will take you a lot further than trying to make up new stuff.

Array

School
    I have no formal experience in all honesty, but it seems like sometimes it just starts to slide out if they see it coming and pull to their waist and back, and thats when i go for the crush but its a little late, so i attack the leg.

Array

School
    ART OF WAR- It is. i didnt want to start drilling it if something was fucked up you know?

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    seems like a good technique to have in your game, but I would never give up the spiderweb to go for a knee bar after trying just one submission for there. since you have like an entire arsenal from the spiderweb

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Kevin has spelled the correct! From your video, I can see your not getting a "deep" hook at all.... Work on trying to grab your right back pocket or at leats the right hip... Then you have a deep hook! Try that out and let us know how it changes your percentages.

Array

School
    I didnt go deep because my partner wasnt fighting it like hes supposed to, he was letting me crush it, whereas in reality he would be fighting and pushing his arms upward and toward his waist, unless im mistaken, so i was simulating it as best i could. And it can be from any position, i just happened to film it from the armcrush.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Whether your partner is resisting or not, YOU should always practice proper tech... Alsways tight, always deep, always with control and base... ALWAYS!!! If you rep something a thousand times the wrong way, then you will be a master at doing it "wrong". Practice does not make perfect... Perfect practice makes perfect tech hope that helps

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    deeeeeeep hook son.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast