Thread: Knee Sleeves

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again

Knee Sleeves

yo fellas, and fellies...or something like that.
    was curious how many of you wear knee sleeves and what benifits you have gained from using them. thinking of getting just the one for my left leg(main leg) cos i seem to slip a lot in mma when i have mission control.

p.s. anyone in the uk know a good place to get them lemme know, cant seem to find any

Array

School
    NeverTap Fitness
    I use them for grip while i'm grappling and holding the lockdown tighter too. I like nogi knee and ankle sleeves they work really well. I'm not sure if nogi ships to uk, i would think they would but I don't know how expensive it would be also.

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    I don't use sleeves but i have to wear pretty serious knee protectors so my knees don't explode while rolling.

If my knees were healthy i'd be twice the grappler i am now, always having to be wary of certain positions is a hinderance.

I wish i didn't have to wear the knee guards honestly, they're always sliding down requiring adjustment, which drives me crazy. Perhaps the sleeves (fitting tighter) would work. I may try them sometime.

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    I was looking into these too. I saw some Cliff Keen shooting knee sleeves for wrestling. They seem straight up, not too much about padding, just support for the knees, good for adding friction.

http://www.mmaindustries.com/Cliff_K...ve_p/ssk88.htm

Array

School
    NeverTap Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Palmer View Post
    I don't use sleeves but i have to wear pretty serious knee protectors so my knees don't explode while rolling.

If my knees were healthy i'd be twice the grappler i am now, always having to be wary of certain positions is a hinderance.

I wish i didn't have to wear the knee guards honestly, they're always sliding down requiring adjustment, which drives me crazy. Perhaps the sleeves (fitting tighter) would work. I may try them sometime.
    I have never had a problem with my sleeves slipping down. They say that a large fits most average size men and I am on the smaller size.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    I wear knee sleeves to so I don't get mat burns.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    the muay thai instructor at my club started using them recently and he pretty much decided that he requires them when he's doing bjj.
    i'm planning to get into the habit of using them to increase the lifespan of my knees. i heard that matman is supposed to be good for knee sleeves and other wrestling gear http://www.matmanwrestling.com/

Array

School
    Team Shark
    I use knee sleeves and shin sleeves. I just recently bought a pair of gold's gym tights from walmart and they work fucking awesome combined with shin sleeves

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    wait that makes me wonder.. iv seen eddie wearing ear guards when he rolls. what kind of ear guard does he wear?

For grip etc.. they're great...but I rarely wear them. I have 2 sleeves and 2 knee braces.. stopped wearing my braces way back in my other sporting endeavors because people will use it to their advantage if thats the only way they can stop you. Not fun when someone is trying to cripple you more.

Sleeves provide decent stability and compression though as well as friction against someones skin and less friction against the mat when shooting. I still don't use them often.. I'm paranoid though. I don't like wearing any supporting structures.