Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    i had an argument like this with a cousin of mine whos almost thirty im 19 who apparently did research when she was in college 10 years ago and apparently she found many articles saying that weed was horrible for you blah blah blah but what she didnt seem to wanna take in that science has moved a long way in the past ten years and she tried to say that i have no sources but for some reason wouldnt give me here wifi password so i could show her

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Martinez View Post
    Amazing debate im glad you took the time to share... I like you am very pro weed but dont smoke just never go into it everyone around me does and yet older folks seem to be stuck on believing what they grew up being told rather then picking up a book and reading for them selves and their arguement always falls back on "US" not doing our research and seeing for ourselves but in fact its more the other way. Most people in todays world are more incline to read and research before speaking. Anyway great Read through and hopefully they will respect your views one day and if not no worries not like they'll spend everyday trying to change you
    I appreciate your support man, this house has been pretty quiet since all this was said. I actually didn't mind debating with my Aunt. It's my Grandma that that annoys me because she was winning to debate something but refused to research anything, she just kept telling me that I was wrong & that she doesn't have to prove anything to me, I have to prove it to her but yet she wouldn't watch any of my sources.

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Acherbo View Post
    i had an argument like this with a cousin of mine whos almost thirty im 19 who apparently did research when she was in college 10 years ago and apparently she found many articles saying that weed was horrible for you blah blah blah but what she didnt seem to wanna take in that science has moved a long way in the past ten years and she tried to say that i have no sources but for some reason wouldnt give me here wifi password so i could show her
    that's so ridiculous that she is willing to debate with you but doesn't want to see your sources. What's wrong with being wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times. I remember arguing tooth & nail about 1 of the Ken Shamrock vs Dan Severn fights. Someone told me that they couldn't punch each other with closed fists & I kept telling them that they were wrong & that wasn't a rule. But I was open to seeing sources, he gave me a few different ones, 1 of which was an interview with Ken Shamrock where he was talking about this fight & confirmed that just before the event, he was told that he couldn't punch with a closed fist. I admitted that I was wrong & that was it.

I learned a lesson in regards to that incident that I need to shut my mouth unless I know for a fact that I'm right. Don't speak from emotion, research it & then come back with sources & facts.

sometimes with family there is no use of argument. I argue with my mother about lots of things and i chalk it up to her being ignorantly set in her ways.

my the way i am very pro weed...but i have smoked maybe three times in the last ten years.

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Santiago View Post
    sometimes with family there is no use of argument. I argue with my mother about lots of things and i chalk it up to her being ignorantly set in her ways.
    Yeah, I saw this in my grandma's messages from the start but my ego was to big to let it go. My mom was telling me a little bit after all this started to just not reply & let it go. It wasn't the fact that she had a different opinion, it's the fact that she believed that she was right only because I am 2 generations behind her & I don't know anything because I haven't been on this earth as long. My ego just couldn't take it & I just dug my claws in the sand & prepared for war.

We're also from 2 different classes. I was raised poor & around Junior High, my family moved up to Middle class. I don't know how she was raised but she is currently rich & lives in a rich neiborhood. She's rarely around poor people & for her to tell me that I need to go to the ghetto or rehab place to see how the world really works was dumb because she doesn't take her own advice. Like I mentioned in the conversation, I'm in NE Kansas City fairly often because my friend's mom is in a half way house / rehab house & we visit her pretty often. But she doesn't know that because she doesn't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Sparks View Post
    Yeah, I saw this in my grandma's messages from the start but my ego was to big to let it go. My mom was telling me a little bit after all this started to just not reply & let it go. It wasn't the fact that she had a different opinion, it's the fact that she believed that she was right only because I am 2 generations behind her & I don't know anything because I haven't been on this earth as long. My ego just couldn't take it & I just dug my claws in the sand & prepared for war.

We're also from 2 different classes. I was raised poor & around Junior High, my family moved up to Middle class. I don't know how she was raised but she is currently rich & lives in a rich neiborhood. She's rarely around poor people & for her to tell me that I need to go to the ghetto or rehab place to see how the world really works was dumb because she doesn't take her own advice. Like I mentioned in the conversation, I'm in NE Kansas City fairly often because my friend's mom is in a half way house / rehab house & we visit her pretty often. But she doesn't know that because she doesn't ask.

I know how you feel. I hate getting into debates with family because when they are to stupid to change there opinion because they are "right" even when they are dead wrong and cannot take a step back and say" shit maybe i have never looked at things that way"

One of the more recent arguments I've had with her was about theman that Published a book "how to for pedophilia" http://lvlegalnews.com/high-profile/4683.html

We argued back and forth and she thinks this guys should be put in Jail for writing this book.

Now I dont agree with the content of this book, nor do i agree with child molestor but that doesnt change the fact that it is his 1rst admendment right to publish said book if he chose to. The 1rst admendment is too protect ALL speech not with only the shit you agree with.

well long story short she couldnt get it through her thick skull that it was technically his first admendment right and that he shouldnt be jail for the book.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Your "grandmother" uses a lot of "unnecessary" "punctuation". lol

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Cocaine and Heroine are not natural, they are processed into that form. And comparing you to a psycho killer who also happens to smoke weed is nonsensical. That kids just fucked up. I'm sure there's some psychos out there that share similar beliefs as your aunt, should you be concerned for her?

I think your family should start smoking weed so they can calm down and let you live. (Obviously my statements are subjective, I don't know these people.)

I think you should start smoking weed, so the next time your family tries to pull this shit on you, you can take a hit and just laugh hahahaha

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Santiago View Post
    I know how you feel. I hate getting into debates with family because when they are to stupid to change there opinion because they are "right" even when they are dead wrong and cannot take a step back and say" shit maybe i have never looked at things that way"

One of the more recent arguments I've had with her was about theman that Published a book "how to for pedophilia" http://lvlegalnews.com/high-profile/4683.html

We argued back and forth and she thinks this guys should be put in Jail for writing this book.

Now I dont agree with the content of this book, nor do i agree with child molestor but that doesnt change the fact that it is his 1rst admendment right to publish said book if he chose to. The 1rst admendment is too protect ALL speech not with only the shit you agree with.

well long story short she couldnt get it through her thick skull that it was technically his first admendment right and that he shouldnt be jail for the book.
    Yeah I can understand where your family member is coming from but what you said is technically correct. He does have the right to write whatever he wants no matter how bad it is as long as its not threatening to anyone. It's crazy because she doesn't see your stance as the 1st ammendment, she sees that you are standing up for someone that in her opinion shouldn't be stood up for & all because you are standing up for him, no matter what you say, you are put into the category of agreeing with him. If that makes since. She misses your argument, if she were to recognize your argument & say, well maybe they need to put a clause in there that protects from perverts like this, then the argument would be different & the debate would change to weather or not you agree with adding a clause or not.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast