Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Stolfi View Post
    Cocaine and Heroine are not natural, they are processed into that form. And comparing you to a psycho killer who also happens to smoke weed is nonsensical. That kids just fucked up. I'm sure there's some psychos out there that share similar beliefs as your aunt, should you be concerned for her?

I think your family should start smoking weed so they can calm down and let you live. (Obviously my statements are subjective, I don't know these people.)

I think you should start smoking weed, so the next time your family tries to pull this shit on you, you can take a hit and just laugh hahahaha
    She actually wrote a letter to my mom about how worried her & my aunt are about my mom. My mom let me read the letter. They believe if I'm talking about cops, guns & weed at this stage, then it's only a matter of time before I start having issues with my life. My mom & I got in a huge argument today about this. She was yelling at me & I started yelling back. I asked her, "What do you want from me, do you want me to just follow anyone that's older than me? Do you want me to just accept every drug out there that I'm offered & stop being a human & just follow every one? No more opinions."

My mom feels like she is being put in the middle of something that she didn't ask for & that I don't understand. I told her to just tell my grandma & aunt that she doesn't agree with everything that I say but I am titled to my own opinions." And leave it at that. I told my mom that I feel that she is taking sides because she asked me not to reply back but didn't ask my grandma or my aunt to not reply back. She is yelling at me but not yelling at them.

It's sad that they look at my parents like they failed as parents just because I didn't end up with the same views as them. I told my parents that in my opinion, being a good parent is how well you prepare your child for society & making sure that they know that you love them. My parents have helped me so much in life, I'll be going to school this fall to work on my business degree so I can start my radio station idea & if it wasn't for my parents, who knows where I would be right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    Your "grandmother" uses a lot of "unnecessary" "punctuation". lol
    Haha I know I was like why the fuck did she put your "opinion" in quotations lol.

Don't worry Kevin the older generations are pretty ignorant about a lot of things, I'm a disability support worker and you should see how most older people treat my clients they look and talk to them like they are animals or something it's fucking disgusting! Let's just hope our generation will be more open minded, and I think we are because we have so much information at our fingers tips.

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by DarbyBarby View Post
    Haha I know I was like why the fuck did she put your "opinion" in quotations lol.

Don't worry Kevin the older generations are pretty ignorant about a lot of things, I'm a disability support worker and you should see how most older people treat my clients they look and talk to them like they are animals or something it's fucking disgusting! Let's just hope our generation will be more open minded, and I think we are because we have so much information at our fingers tips.
    Thanks man! My mom is pretty upset, I'll probably go stay with one of my friends for the next 2 weeks because my parents will be going on vacation later this month. I just don't want them arguing just before they go on vacation because of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Sparks View Post
    Thanks man! My mom is pretty upset, I'll probably go stay with one of my friends for the next 2 weeks because my parents will be going on vacation later this month. I just don't want them arguing just before they go on vacation because of all this.
    Yeah that's fair enough brother, sucks that little debate has put so much stress on them I'm sure when you said you were atheist that set off code red alarms in your grandmas head lol, people just can't us being our own people with our own beliefs it's sad really.

Array

School
    NONE
    This is my grandma's e-mail that she sent to my mom

Grandma (CA)

Before I did it, I wanted you to know I will be "de-friending" Kevin from my Facebook. Frankly I just don't need the aggravation of reading any more of this totally rude nonsense.

You have an angry young man living in your house who has given us cause for serious concern for not only his own safety but the family as a whole. His over-zealous postings concerning guns, cops, "weed" and drugs are frankly scary.

Although he is a grown man, we all realize his worldly experience is very limited. I know he thinks otherwise, but his postings only serve to confirm and reflect his immaturity and naivety on the magnitude of these topics. His is obviously very susceptible to persuasive propaganda through the media.

Helping a young person look at all sides of an issue, as well as the ripple effect of any one side can be an enjoyable process. I have certainly mentored many young workers to successful management careers playing the "devil's advocate" and asking them to consider another point of view. Unfortunately Kevin is too rigid to give any credence to any one, regardless of their background and/or education who questions his narrow view of the world. We all need to go out and film him a "documentary" and list some big names at the end to impress him enough to listen!

If Kevin's interaction with others, especially towards authority figures (law enforcement/supervisors on the job), is as disrespectful and rude as his posting to his Aunt *** (a tenured drug detective with an excellent reputation in her field) and I (an elder and his Grandmother), he will find himself in serious trouble on day swearing he "did nothing wrong!" And probably he honestly won't think he has because he doesn't listen when others are trying to be quite frank with him that he has a problem with courteous communication and lacks any sense of "open mindedness."

Good Luck, both you and he certainly have a challenge on your hands.

P.S. At least he liked his christmas wrestling book. Guess I'm not too stupid because I recognized the pictures and was able to understand the topic was probably "wrestling."

Array

School
    NONE
    Her letter came attached to my 2nd facebook status:

Me (Kansas City, MO)
    Everything you said is what's wrong with our society. You again provided a bunch of opinions that mean nothing. You provided no medical tests, no lab results or anything. I provided my results & I have more. Go watch the documentary, "T...he Union: The Business of Getting High." & the other documentary, "Super High Me." Everything is wrong. My friend's mom is an addict & lives in a half way house, let's ask her how many people are there for weed.

Anything can be abused. People like myself abuse cheeseburgers, should we outlaw cheeseburgers. People jump of bridges, should we outlaw bridges. After your last post, I don't care what you think you know, you know nothing about the subject. Watch the documentaries & then reply back. It's laughable that everything you talk about is talked about in this documentaries & you refuse to watch them. If your just gonna reply back with your opinion & no facts, then there is nothing to talk about because obviously you'd rather be ignorant further your knowledge.

All because you are older than me doesn't make you more knowledgeable about weed. I'm a combat sports fan, are you gonna say that because you are older & experienced more, you know more about combat sports. No because you "probably" haven't done any research on it. You know nothing about the affects of weed on the body & mind from a doctor's perspective & your last post was laughable & if you watch the documentaries, You'll be embarrassed that you even talked like that.

Talk about me needing to go to a bad part of town to see how real things are. I've been there, but obviously you don't know that because you didn't ask before you prejudged me. I've been down their plenty. I've seen these addicts that you speak of. I know lots of older people that have smoked weed their whole lives & don't appear to be slower mentally. You know of people too, Stephen King, Snoop Dogg, Justin Timberlake, Barack Obama, Woody Harrelson, Willie Nelson, Redman, Lil Wayne, Dave Chappelle, Joe Rogan, ect. How crazy is that they haven't moved on to crack yet, you know they need that more intense high. LOL! Feel free to reply back without even more stereotypes. Watch the documentaries or don't reply back on "my" status. Or recommend some documentaries for me to watch. If not, then please don't reply back on "my" status.

LOLLLL that's good as man, seriously don't worry about this bullshit all the things you're grandma says about you lacking open mindeness and saying that your beliefs are rigid are really just a reflection on herself you have stated plenty of times that you have an open mind as long as someone gives you good reasoning and proof through studies, she on the other hand refuses to listen to anything that you have to say. It's funny how people can't really look at the self and realise how they are behaving. I love how she points out she's not stupid in realising the Oscar De La Hoya book was a wrestling book :P.

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by DarbyBarby View Post
    LOLLLL that's good as man, seriously don't worry about this bullshit all the things you're grandma says about you lacking open mindeness and saying that your beliefs are rigid are really just a reflection on herself you have stated plenty of times that you have an open mind as long as someone gives you good reasoning and proof through studies, she on the other hand refuses to listen to anything that you have to say. It's funny how people can't really look at the self and realise how they are behaving. I love how she points out she's not stupid in realising the Oscar De La Hoya book was a wrestling book :P.
    Thanks man! My mom brought the letter in here so I could read it & I read it out loud. I laughed at that part too. I also laughed when she said that I'm so easily persuated by the media & she doesn't see that hew opinion is based on what she's heard. Thanks for the support man.

All good brother I know how frustraiting this sorta bullshit can be.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Do what I do when anyone gets you bothered. You know your right so fuck em let them live in a bubble. Not worth your time or energy. Does anyone think its weird that his grandmother is on Facebook. He is 23 that would make grandma around seventyish that fucking crazy to me.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast