Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    1st Tourny name

10th Planet Armageddon or 10th Planet apocolypse not sure of spellings.lol . you get the idea.

Ok now really have to go to bed, dads going to kill me.lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    So Omaha is not good because of flooding, what about 10th Planet Springfield MO? What about flooding there?? What about starting up a community 10th Planet Denver? If yellwstone blows isn't all of the US and Canada fucked Conner? Plus Conner even tho ur up in the mountains, I think ur too close to the coast AND all the west coasters would prolly agree to a more centrally located Clan Town
    And its fucking cold here, I need someplace warm or im gunna take my chances vs. the zombies!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    "We should put some serious thought into what we do. I have dreams of getting my black belt in the 10th planet system, but if I have to be a warlord in the 10th planet survival army......I can do that to."

Gotta love that kid Gonna have to pass on Denver, not a Bronco fan. Let me know when the plan moves to New Orleans that way we can avoid all the floodi-...wait, nevermind. Ok, I can compromise, but my NWO resistance uniform is gonna be in Gold and Black, I should prolly send Melee some concept art to work on...unless anyone here can design a 10th Planet NWO resistance battle suit. Gotta be able to stop bullets, but still be flexible enough for rubber-guard.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Lol is this for real???personally i think its a teriffic idea but my mom might not agree with me haha...im deffinetly gonna fly down to that tournement though hah

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    WE NEED TO TAKE IN TO CONSIDER THE TOP 5 SENARIOS FOR THE END OF THE WORLD-

So, you are having a bad day and feel that it can't get much worse. Well you have came to the right place and you were wrong, it can get worse as we are covering the end of the world as we know it scenarios. Stop, before that puts you off and you hit the back button to go back to blissful ignorance, DrWibble does not give you just all doom and gloom, he believes that us humans have been given brains (well, some of us maybe) that have the ability to foresee potential future problems and work out possible course of actions to avoid them. So, unlike the usual end of the world as we know it lists also covered are the ways we are actively trying to avoid armageddon.

Meteor strike1: Extraterrestrial Impact
    This scenario is where there is an impact of a large extraterrestrial object with the Earth. A common theory postulates that the extinction of the dinosaurs occurred approximately 65 million years ago when a large asteroid struck the earth. This produced enormous amount of atmospheric dust which blocked out the sunlight and caused a significant lowering of temperatures worldwide much to the detriment of our friendly dinosaurs.

Asteroid Impact
    Tracking objects
    Telescope
    However, don't despair as since December 1995, the Near Earth Asteroid Tracking (NEAT) program run by NASA and Jet Propulsion Laboratory tasked to discover near-Earth objects has been in action. So, some comfort can be taken from that we at least have time to put on a fresh pair of underpants before it hits us.

NASA's goal over the next few years is to discover and track at least 90 percent of all near-Earth objects with diameters larger than one kilometer. Working in coordination with several teams around the world, they routinely search the skies for as-yet undiscovered asteroids and comets. If a near-Earth object with a potentially hazardous orbital path is discovered, additional observations are made to give a better estimation of its orbital path. Due to Newton's theory of gravitation, scientists calculate the orbital motions of all newly discovered objects to see if they present a risk into the future.

If an object were to threaten Earth, it would only be necessary to move the object by one Earth radius, a very small distance in space terms if it was discovered early enough. One idea suggested for smaller asteroids is to anchor a shuttle-type engine onto the moving space rock and gently speed it up or slow it down into a different orbit. Another possible strategy would be to attach solar sails to a potentially hazardous body and allowing the gentle pressure of the solar winds to deflect the threatening asteroid away from Earth. Anyway you have seen the movies, so you get the picture. Any one have the phone number for Bruce Willis, just in case.

NASA Near Earth Tracking

Pandemic Modelling
    The Great Influenza: The story of the deadliest pandemic in history
    Amazon Price: $6.07
    List Price: $17.00
    The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History
    Amazon Price: $17.00

A Cruel Wind: Pandemic Flu in America 1918-1920
    Amazon Price: $12.71
    List Price: $19.95
    Influenza: Molecular Virology
    Amazon Price: $291.77
    List Price: $310.00
    2: Pandemic
    A pandemic taken from the Greek words pan all and demos people, it is a spreading of infectious disease that propagates through populations across a large region.

The World Health Organization (WHO) responsible for directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system states that a pandemic can start when three conditions have been met:

•Emergence of a disease new to a population.
    •Agents infect humans, causing serious illness.
    •Agents spread easily and sustainability among humans.
    An example of a pandemic is the 1918 deadly influenza pandemic. It ended within 18 months but over that time some 50 million were dead; some estimates put the total of those killed worldwide at over twice that number.

Right, so DrWibble you promised me it won't be all doom and gloom, where is all the helpful stuff. So what can you do to help in a pandemic, unless you are a microbiologist and can reverse engineer the virus, create a vaccine, ramp up production and distribute to the general population, the best way to help is limit the spread by some simple actions.

•Social distance. Traveling less, Working from home if possible or avoiding contact with crowds. This means there is less opportunity for the virus to spread.

•Respiratory hygiene. Be aware of the need for respiratory hygiene, make sure you cover the mouth when coughing or sneezing. Disposal of contaminated tissues or other materials carefully, they are now a biohazard for the uninfected.

•Masks. No respiratory mask can provide a perfect barrier but products that meet or exceed the NIOSH N95 standard are recommended by the World Health Organization. WHO recommends that health-care workers wear N95 masks and that patients wear surgical masks. Any mask may be useful as it acts as a remind for the wearer not to touch the face or eyes.

•Hygiene. Frequent hand washing, especially when there has been contact with other people or potentially contaminated surfaces can be very helpful. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers also kill both bacteria and viruses.

In the future, pandemics should become less of a risk with the advancement of science. We are beginning to understand the inner workings of these viruses and able to model the spread through the general population. As they say information is power, once we know detailed information about these nasty viruses. we can work out effective strategies of eliminating them.

Earth in our hands
    complex interactions with many variables. Complex modelling is needed 3: Climate Change
    Throughout the Earths history there has always been climate change, in this end of the world scenario we take the meaning of climate change as when the environment becomes too hostile to support current human life populations. Political and public debate continues regarding the appropriate response to global warming but it is generally thought to be a result of human behavior rather than due to natural changes in the environment.

The available options are

•Mitigation to reduce further emissions from current industry, developing more efficient technologies to replace the old.

•Adaptation to reduce the damage caused by warming, such as planting more drought resistance cropws

•More speculatively, geoengineering to reverse global warming. Sci-fi time of solar mirrors etc

Most national governments have signed and ratified the Kyoto Protocol aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The regular use of renewable energy is becoming increasingly available to try and reduce gas emission from fossil fuels.

4: Nuclear War
    Since the creation of the atom bomb in the 1940's, there has been a new threat to mankind, nuclear war. Nuclear warfare strategy is to either fight or avoiding a war. The policy of trying to ward off a potential attack by a nuclear weapon from another country by threatening nuclear retaliation is known as the strategy of nuclear deterrence or mutually assured destruction (M.A.D.)

If there was an exchange of missiles (for example a war between India and Pakistan) it would plunge the planet into temperatures colder than the Little Ice Age (happened between 1600ad-1850ad). This would situation would essentially take effect immediately with an impact on agriculture. Larger amounts of smoke form a big exchange of missiles would produce larger climate change and produce a true nuclear winter, making current agriculture levels impossible for years. In both cases, model simulations show that the effects would last for more than a decade.

So, apart from building a nuclear bunker in your garden with a decades worth of food on hand, the best way DrWibble thinks to avoid this happening is to better understand each countries values and culture, to form links so our economies become so intertwined it is not beneficial to go to war with each other.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    5: Gray goo (nanobots)
    Nanorobots (nanobots, nanoids, nanites or nanonites) are typically conceived to be devices ranging in size from 0.1-10 micrometers and constructed out of nanoscale or molecular components. As no artificial non-biological nanorobots have yet been created, they remain a hypothetical end of the world concept.

Gray goo phrase is given to the concept of out-of-control self-replicating robots consume all matter on Earth while building more of themselves. The term Grey goo is usually used in a science fiction context. In the worst postulated scenarios, the Earth would also be turned into goo (goo meaning a large mass of replicating nanomachines lacking large-scale structure, which may or may not actually appear goo-like. Don't you just love these scientist definitions....). The disaster is posited to result from a deliberate doomsday device, or from an accidental mutation in a self-replicating nanomachine used for other purposes, but designed to operate in a natural environment.

However, the good part of this end of the world scenario is that science and engineering are not quite yet at a point of testing this end of the world scenario. Additionally, due to the nanobots size, a possible defensive strategy would be disabling or destroying a working nanoreplicator by concentrating heat on it.

To conclude my list of end of the world scenarios, I will leave you with this phrase.

As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know.

It is the unknown unknowns end of the world scenarios we have to be worried about as by definition these are unknown unknowns. Unfortunately this hub can't help you there, so as a final word, don't have nightmares and keep calm and carry on.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Lets get back to government. It would be easy at first to say orders move down the ranks the way they are currently set up. Eddie to the blacks, the blacks to the browns, the browns to the purples, the purples to the blues and the blues to the whites. Sorry whites. In any case, it could work temporarily, especially within each moon clan. But eventually some higher ranked instructors might butt scoot around certain issues and we will have to lower their survival clan rank. I mean the respect remains, but some people are better responders then others. Like already Conner is ranking higher then lets say... Louis Ho. Its a matter of who can stand up to the pressure of disaster and zombie invasions. We need more takedowns and less guard pullers in combat. IMHO.

Array

School
    Home
    Well if a Tsunami happened me and Nelson are done. I know i am for sure. In florida which will most likely be gone, and yall know how us black people and water are. Quatoof knows. But if anything We should have 4 key mid locations where everyone from each region would meet up for short term that way there is some strength in numbers. at least for the east coast. it will allow us to have a planned route of escape and make it so we do not have to all find our own improvised way to a far location. Traveling long distances by yourself in a hostel environment is not wise if it can be avoided. once there is a sufficient amount of people at the checkpoint location that group then proceeds to Denver code name EDEN.

I suggest
    South eastern region meets up at 10th planet Decatur
    Then proceed to 10th planet Springfield then Eden

North eastern region meets up at 10th planet Morgantown
    Proceeds to 10th planet Omaha then Eden

I also suggest everyone south of San Francisco meet up at 10th planet phoenix then go to Eden

North west meet up at 10th planet Spokane. Its only a 16 hour drive from Spokane to Denver

The other states are Close enough to proceed straight to Eden or to your closest checkpoint if you prefer to utilize the numbers advantage.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Im about to crash in St Paul. The next step is assigning commanders or is it generals? It's been less than one day and already a few have risen to the challenge of commander or is it general? What ever it is im gonna need a few of them, so is it a few generals that I'm gonna need? Or is it a few commanders I'm gonna need? Am I gonna have to name a "head of medical"? And a "chief of agriculture"? And a "secretary of husbandry"??

Im gonna wait a few more days to see what my other geniuses have to say, there are ALOT of brilliant dudes in the 10th Planet empire that havnt come across this thread yet but so far Kevin Green, Conner and DJ from Florida have contributed serious ideas to the cause with their posts, I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. And quite a few you others are adding powerful ideas too, let's keep them coming and focus on what's best for us as a clan. This is really going down. We've made a couple important basic decisions and thoughts, like Eden is CO, and stockpile firearms, and buy a 4x4, buy maps, beef jerky, water. But I would love to get into deeper things like starting a fund where those of us that are down to prepare donate $5 a month to $20 a month, whatever we agree on, so that we have this monthly fund that we all have access to seeing the numbers, like a paypal account, then we all decide what to buy with the money. Every month we buy supplies, guns, ammo, rent for a warehouse, or even a fund to build an underground bunker, but who knows how much that would cost, that could be very well out of our reach. But who knows, best case scenario, we have 20k coming in every month and we can dedicate most of it every month to building an underground bunker. Am i getting ridiculous here?? If nothing happens, so what, what did we lose? $10 a month? $20 a month? If planet earth is a peaceful thriving place in 2013 then we turn that underground bunker into 10th Planet Denver or maybe we just start building the facility that's gonna host the 2012 TPJJ Championships underground, how insane am I??
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    SDF Gym
    I got forrests book but havent read it yet, still on eddies books, mastering the twister, jiu jitsu unleashed and the mastering the rubber guard dvd. Im in the UK so I guess im fucked anyway.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast