Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    quit being modest Jon. might try and get out to charlotte in march and come see ya

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias Sieber View Post
    I'm pretty sure Jason Eisner will get his Brown Belt soon.
    !!!!!!!

good to see white belts have the time and experience in this game to feel they should say who gets what belt. at least be a brown belt to say who should be a brown belt.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Thats the problem that were trying to adress here we have little to no Brown Belts and above here on the East Coast to view and promote anyone which is causeing many people that are deserving to even have the chance for promotion. People that have dedicated years and sacrificed lots of time and money to 10thplanet. Yes its true I havent been anything more than just a white belt in Jiujitsu due to serving in the United States Marine Corps for the past 10 yrs constantly moving around and deploying but I have trained and rolled at GYMs with well known Black Belt instructors that have competed and won tournaments like the Pan Am's and World Championships so when I say people like Kevin Green are deserving due to their skill and teaching techniques thats what Im guageing that against but IDK who am i right im "just a white belt"
    Last edited by Daniel Elizondo; 01-22-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    I think I should be the next white belt!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    You can get your brown belt 2 ways. 1, rip it up in competition and leave no doubt or 2, come to HQ and tap purples and hang with browns, that's how Herzog and Botello did it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Elizondo View Post
    Thats the problem that were trying to adress here we have little to no Brown Belts and above here on the East Coast to view and promote anyone which is causeing many people that are deserving to even have the chance for promotion. People that have dedicated years and sacrificed lots of time and money to 10thplanet. Yes its true I havent been anything more than just a white belt in Jiujitsu due to serving in the United States Marine Corps for the past 10 yrs constantly moving around and deploying but I have trained and rolled at GYMs with well known Black Belt instructors that have competed and won tournaments like the Pan Am's and World Championships so when I say people like Kevin Green are deserving due to their skill and teaching techniques thats what Im guageing that against but IDK who am i right im "just a white belt"
    Well put Daniel and I agree whole heartedly and I think that if master Eddie thinks that everyone can afford to pack up and head to la everytime they think they are ready to test is a huge burden to lay on "his" instructors. They are doing what he has ask and he should make every consideration to make them be all they can be to further "his" system as they have chosen to do as they love it. I myself have had several set backs in the last few months starting with blowing the engine in my truck while doing all I can do to further my 10th planet knowledge by traveling 300 miles one way to train with neale hoerle. that led to buying an engine, buying a new transmission, and labor to install. Then I had emergency surgery to have my gall bladder removed which cost me time at work and major hospital bills. But even though my money is all fucked up and I really cant afford it, I'm still putting out another grand or so to have kevin green come do a seminar to spread even more tpjj around, so when einstein wants to come on here and belittle me or any other "whitebelt" on here without even knowing them or what their personal situation is, is just a little immature and really shows how highly he thinks of himself.
    and Einstein, just so you know, I've dedicated over 24 years to martial arts and hold a black belt in one, browns in two others, and purple in yet another, I recognize my rank in tpjj as white because I love it and believe in it, but when its blackbelts disregard its students thoughts and dismiss them as nothing of importance, I think maybe eddie needs to evaluate his choices.
    We are all here and have varying opinions, but like daniel, I have trained with some of the best fighters in the world, some of who were pioneers in their respective styles, and simply because they were doing what they did before bjj was ever heard of does not negate their or my place in the martial arts world.
    If this offends anyone, I am sorry, but I felt being ridiculed and mock by a blackbelt in the very system that I now hold as the art of the future was not the best response one could have given. anytime you would like to come an roll with me, my door is open, and you may tap me a thousand times, but that doesn't make your opinion better than mine when you choose the path that puts others down. And while you may tap me rolling, I think the story may different if we went a few rounds doing kickboxing. and with that being said do you feel like I just called you out and belittled your knowledge of fighting because if so, than maybe you understand how you made us "whitebelts" feel.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    frank-theman-james,

Einstein's response was due to the fact that you should never ask your instructor for a belt promotion, whether it's for you or someone else, and on the internet?? That makes it seem like you think the head instructor doesn't know what he's doing. Usually when you ask your instructor for a promotion, it means now it's gonna take twice as long to get it so watch what you say.

And if you read my post correctly I said you have 2 choices Mr. James, not 1. If you can't afford to make it out to hq for your brown belt you can always just compete like purple belts Louis Ho, Brian Stuebner, Frank Barca, Kim Ferguson and Stewart Landry are doing. If they keep up the awesome job they're doing on their local competition circuit, they won't have to make the trip to hq for their brown belt test. If you are serious about getting your TPJJ brown belt you gotta show me not get on the internet and tell me you deserve it.

The harder it is to earn a TPJJ brown belt the better it is for the entire association, I hope you all see that. If I gave out brown belts based on rolling stories I hear on the internet then the whole system suffers
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I am a purple belt and know that I have no say in who gets what belt at my school. I don't care who ya know, how good your kickboxing is, or what belt you are. It is not Eddies fault they live on the east coast. How else would you like to be promoted? I think browns need to be seen in person, not on some youtube link or on this or any other forum.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    You can have an opinion for sure, but a black belts opinion will always override a white belts. That's the point of rank. It's there for a reason. A blue belt and white belt friend of mine could say that I should be a purple belt. If Eddie does not agree, should I be pissed at Eddie because 2 other guys have a different opinion? Hell no, it's always up to the guy who is promoting. If it's Eddie, Sean, Denny, your instructor: you should always respect what THEY think. They know if you're ready. Your white belt friend does not.

The simple fact is that they have been there. They know exactly what it is like to be at a blue, purple, brown belt level. White belts do not.
    Last edited by Jay Chow; 01-22-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast