Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    Seems to me though, famous people are the ones who always get honorary degrees. Are you saying Rashad has never trained any BJJ tech?
    Exactly. But much more badasses than famous people get them. The reason why it seems that way to you is because you don't know the non-famous people, so why would the media report that, or why would you pay attention?

The media will report only what the public will be familiar with, and won't waste air or print time on some post modern theorist, or some guy that redefined quantum string theory that the average joe doesn't know. But, if 1/30 happens to be Oprah, you will hear about it. That's why 'it seems' that way to you.

Array

School
    Tim Burrill Jiu Jitsu
    Honorary in this case is he trains no gi Jiu Jitsu and has displayed all the knowledge and tech that rolles(I think) gave him his black belt...it's like when Joe Rogan said Matt Hughes doesn't train Jiu Jitsu in any sort of ranking system but if he did you'd have to give him a black belt his jits is that good.

It has to do w him training without a gi...not many people get belted no gi

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Whitfield View Post
    oh and one last thing. i talked to jeremy owens of evolution mma (www.evolutionmixedmartialarts.com) AND charuto in the last two weeks and they both confirmed to me that frank was never given a purple belt by either of them. feel free to send jeremy an email and he will tell you the same.
    Ok so arguing and talking shit on a forum is one thing, but misrepresenting your background, skills, and accomplishments is quite another.

If true, this should NEVER be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian "ifreez" Freemantle View Post
    Exactly. But much more badasses than famous people get them. The reason why it seems that way to you is because you don't know the non-famous people, so why would the media report that, or why would you pay attention?

The media will report only what the public will be familiar with, and won't waste air or print time on some post modern theorist, or some guy that redefined quantum string theory that the average joe doesn't know. But, if 1/30 happens to be Oprah, you will hear about it. That's why 'it seems' that way to you.
    Not really, the paper here mentions anytime anyone gets an honorary degree from the local universities. They often go through a list of other awardees. They tend to be people who have some level of fame.....not hollywood fame necessarily.....so thus, looking at the complete lists......is "seems" most of them were already well known people, because they were in fact.

^of course I have no idea on a national level what goes on one way or the other^

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I say, check his background... if it lines up with what he says.. let him stay now that he's apologized.. and lets see how things pan out. If it doesnt line up.. at least take his posting ability away (if thats possible).

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Rashad Evans & Randy Cotoure are '' World Class '' jiujitsu black belts, lol don't make me die laughing & choking on weed smoke, MMA has gotten jiujitsu all twisted, anyone will tell you your top & bottom game need to be lethal, to get your black belt, MMA fighters don't really have the time to develop a black belt. certainly not in 5 years, thats why jiujitsu in mma is so terrible

I did see Randy sweep kevin Randleman in an MMA fight from his back. Also, Randy has not ever gotten a BJJ Black belt, dont see where he figures into that discussion.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    I did see Randy sweep kevin Randleman in an MMA fight from his back. Also, Randy has not ever gotten a BJJ Black belt, dont see where he figures into that discussion.
    see the post fight of RANDY vs Tony randy got a black belt, ''laughable''

Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    see the post fight of RANDY vs Tony randy got a black belt, ''laughable''
    Mendelson doesnt teach BJJ........that BB was not in BJJ........

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast