Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    So that everyone knows....

Last night, I told my students that I would no longer be teaching them or anyone for a while if ever again. I had planned on just going in there and breaking the news to them and having one last dance on the mats and just have fun with a couple of hours of grappling, but as it turned out, It was a three hour long question and answer session where I gave them a history of my life and how I got to where I am today. I was completely honest with them which I have always been but this time, I gave them complete axcess to anything that they had questions about. I told them how I grew up without a father and how that effected me. I explained that how when I was in my young teens, how much of a chicken I was a fighting and how all that changed after I was beaten pretty bad by two brothers in the neighborhood at the age of 15. I vowed that nobody would beat me that way again, and everytime someone tried I went crazy and did anything and everything to hurt them. And I've done some fucked up shit too. Things that would make most people say lock me up and throw away the key. But on this note, take heed to the statement, "that everytime someone tried me." I am the most outgoing person who could strike up a conversation with anyone and carry it on for hours. I've never considered myself a trouble maker and many of my friends will tell you no matter what I do or where I am at, trouble seems to find me and I get dragged into it. It reminds me of the last fight that I got into, I was out with a group of friends. about ten of us had went out to a nightclub and were having a good time, I went to the bar and was ordering drinks when this guy next to me loses his shit because he felt the bartender past him over and took my order before his. he begins screaming at her and then starts throwing empty glassed and bottles across her bar and literally scaring the shit out of her. I stepped to the guy and tried to calm him down and let him know that he could get thrown out for that when out of no where his girl starts punching me in the face, and then he breaks a beer bottle over my head and gashes open my temple, which I still have the scar from, and I went nuts. the bar was put on lockdown, and the cops were called. When the dust was settled, the guy and his girl were arrested and I was considered a victim and innocent bystander who tried to do the "right thing". Do you think that the cops involved will remember it a year from now, which leads me to my point, I'm sure there will be some cops who were there that night who responded to a nightclub, the biggest in Raliegh, NC, which holds up to 5000 people, which was locked down because I intervened when some asshole tried to assault a bartender. Jake was right about all the cops knowing me where I live, but he also forgot to mention that is partly due to the fact that I was a bailbonds man and a professional bounty hunter for over seven years. I interacted with law enforcement on a daily basis for those seven years helping apprehend some three thousand fugitives from justice. My felony conviction for spitting on my ex-wife cost me my license and ability to do that ever again. As I have mentioned before, I have tried to be as honest as I can be, but there are those who will not accept anything I have said for their minds have been made, which is why I chose to quit tpjj and teaching martial arts. No matter how I try to redeem myself and do the right things, someone will always be there with their version of what they heard and it will always never be accurate to the facts because as in Jake whitfields case, he wasnt there. Look, I lived this fucked up life and can assure you that I look back and say wow, did that really happen, did I really do that. But I did, and I can't change that. Since I came home, I have tried to do better, and guide others from the path that I took. At abismma, that was the standard that I taught my younger highschool aged students, requiring them to bring their reports cards to class and have at least a c or higher to stay in class. I had one kid who's grade point average went from a 44 to an 82 in all of his classes because I told him he would not be able to continue classes if he didn't. I could go on and write all day trying to convince you all that I'm a good person, but what would be the point. All I can say to any of you is this, One of the proudest moments of my life happened last night... At the end of hearing me and pleading with me to let all this go and to continue teaching, my students who are all men of varying ages, told me that they understood and respected my decision. My decision was not selfish but out of caring for them. I understand, as many of you all don't that in this world, I am considered a joke by all of you, and if any of my students reach a point that I can no longer teach them, they would have to seek teaching from someone else, and I didn't want them to be looked at as a joke because they were associated with me. But then one of them came up to me and said this, "sir, it has been wonderful meeting and getting to know you and as far as I am concerned, you are my teacher." None of you can take that from me ever. So, I hope this and the other billion words that I have wrote defending myself, that this is finally put to rest. I have complied with your wishes and bowed out as gracefully as I can. it was only my desire to be a part of your family, and since that can't happen, I have lost my motivation and desire to do anything else. Good luck to all of you.

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu

Can we PLEASE put this to bed.

Array

School
    Team Destruction MMA
    I have met guys like this before. Always the same talk. It starts with. I heard you do "UFC". Then the stories start. Always about growing up rough, then how much of a bad ass he was, then how he got some kinda injury, then how he could kick everyones ass if he could still fight. Then they start wanting sympothy. He is the type you always feel nervous around. You always feel like he might take a sucker punch at you, just to say he knocked you out on some forum. I really think he hit a low point when he started trying to get sympothy from Conner in the Brown belt thread. Now here he is still looking for sympothy. He is the type of guy you try to avoid in real life.

Im sure eddie is taking this all into consideration and will make his decision, its his thread so im sure he has a close eye on it.

Array

School
    nowhere atm
    well this is great. charlotte is out of reach to me right now and i was gonna start training tpjj with this guy cause he was the only other person near me. now he's been pretty much shunned. whatever happened to forgive and forget?

Array

School
    10th Planet Bear, Delaware (formerly)
    I've only read the one thread in question - haven't read anything else by the guy, but in my humble opinion, and I know it doesn't mean much, I didn't think what he wrote was so bad. One of the things I've always liked about 10th Planet is how it doesn't replicate a lot of what is conservative, traditional b.s. Maybe it was out of line, but let's not forget the nature of an internet forum - who hasn't posted some shit on some board, or sent an email that wasn't 100% thought through?

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    We've all posted some shit, but to that extent against multiple people, Reynolds?

Cole, you should just find an instructor that's down with the system and experiment! It's how a lot of us started out

Array

School
    nowhere atm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay JC Chow View Post
    Cole, you should just find an instructor that's down with the system and experiment! It's how a lot of us started out
    what do u mean? ask to train there yet practice 10thplanet?

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    well this is great. charlotte is out of reach to me right now and i was gonna start training tpjj with this guy cause he was the only other person near me. now he's been pretty much shunned. whatever happened to forgive and forget?
    Cole, you can try Iron lion Jiujitsu located at the LA boxing school in Cary, NC. they advertise tpjj as part of their curriculum and the guy you want to talk to is Michael Velotta. As far as I know, he is working and has been in contact with Eddie about affiliation. It is a very nice gym with lots of equipment and nice facilities. It is where I told my students that they could go

Array

School
    nowhere atm
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-theman-james View Post
    Cole, you can try Iron lion Jiujitsu located at the LA boxing school in Cary, NC. they advertise tpjj as part of their curriculum and the guy you want to talk to is Michael Velotta. As far as I know, he is working and has been in contact with Eddie about affiliation. It is a very nice gym with lots of equipment and nice facilities. It is where I told my students that they could go
    thanks man. i appreciate it. srry again for what happened

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast