Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Frood View Post
    Please bring 10th Planet to the UK! pleeeeeaaaase!
    I have a possible seminar in the works for the UK, I'll give you guys a heads up if it all works out.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Brasa Belgium - Savate Leuven - 10th Planet on the Net
    Hello everybody,

I've read this thread and sorry if what I'll ask has already been asked a few hundred times. English is my third language, so please have some patience with me, thanks.

I'm currently training BJJ and Judo and untill now always focused on the gi. Since last year my BJJ club has attracted some Freestyle Wrestlers to improve take-downs in BJJ and optimize the Submission Wrestling, which because of that changed from grappling to shoot wrestling.
    I'm only now starting to get an intrest in no-gi Jiu Jitsu, but I'm not into Freestyle/Shoot Wrestling. Especially since I see that the Wrestlers are 22 and 24 and have some serious health/injuries kept over from their active wrestlingcareers. I'm two months shy from my 35th birthday.

Technically I want to train a no-gi Jiu Jitsu, so 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu came to mind. Unfortunally there aren't no TPJJ schools in Belgium (Europe), so how would I go from here on further? I'm not planning to starting a TPJJ school in the first 8 years, but more about learning the TPJJ curriculum when there isn't a school.
    How does it work? Do I have to get first a BJJ blackbelt (gi), because in that case I'll ask this question in 12 years again :-)
    Which material do you have to know with which rank? Do you have to travel for every belt test to the USA?
    So really I'm asking if someone can fill me in with the big picture and the details of learning TPJJ.

With kind regards,
    Zendo

Hey Zendo!

We at Sportschule Hamburg are working on getting our affiliation soon. Hamburg isn't that far away. If you're interested about learning 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu you can come visit our place.

Also there are official schools in Stockholm and Nottingham.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias Sieber View Post
    Hey Zendo!

We at Sportschule Hamburg are working on getting our affiliation soon. Hamburg isn't that far away. If you're interested about learning 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu you can come visit our place.

Also there are official schools in Stockholm and Nottingham.
    Hello Matthias,

Thank you for your kind offer and I see myself coming next year for about four times to Hamburg, but not twice a week. It's between 5h15 and 5h32 driving depending on which route I take (570km-603km).
    Stockholm is 1538 km and Nottingham is between 613km and 661km.

These distances don't make it really practical to learn it at official affiliations. Now we* just adapt our (gi) BJJ techniques and combining them with watching vids of Eddie Bravo's 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu techniques and Ryan Hall's Fifty/50 Jiu Jitsu techniques, but we haven't got a real system of teaching/curriculum too it (yet).

*we being the BJJers that want to train no-gi without changing our 'style' to shoot wrestling. We train stand-up and take-down with the wrestlers, but prefer once we hit the ground to fight Jiu Jitsu.

With kind regards,
    Zendo

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by From 10thplanetjj.com to Bullshido.net and back to 10thplanetjj.com View Post

If you are not a member of an official 10th Planet academy but stillwant to part of the 10th Planet association, these are the requirements:

You must be a premium member of this website for at least 6 months.Access to all the technique videos, especially "Mastering The System" is crucial for promotion.

To get a blue belt, you must post 10 competition wins on video wearinga 10th Planet logo on your body or flashing the 10th Planet gang sign.To get a purple belt you must post 20 competition wins. To get a brownyou must post 30 wins.

You must also post 7 technique videos, one of all the 1/2 guard youknow, one of all the rubber guard you know, one all the twister youknow, one of all the deep hook transitions to spider web you know, oneof all the mount/back you know, one of all the passing you know and thelast one will be a miscellaneous video which could include anything andeverything else you know, like various chokes, x guard, 50/50 etc.

Please don't teach in the videos, just go thru the techniques swiftlyand name EVERY position as you pass thru it. No discussions andabsolutely no edits in any of the videos. Each technique video shouldbe about 3 minutes, again please don't try to teach in the video, justrun thru the moves.

All videos will be posted on this forum so the whole association cansee what you're up to. When you're ready to be analyzed just start athread like this "Joe Blows ranking thread".

When you're grading is complete, I will mail you a signed belt
    Hello Everyone,

Is this still correct? Because in November I'll pay my yearly membership fee to BS.net and then I'll pay also my membership fee to 10thplanetjj.com.

I want to get something straight, since I posted in the instructor/affiliate thread. I'm not going to become an instructor before I've earned (not bought) my purple belt in BJJ in Belgium and after which I do the testing for TPJJ Purple and succeeded. This post is about me wanting to become a student in TPJJ when there are no schools at a reasonable distance.

Yes, I'm the same Zendokan on Bullshido.net, so you can browse my posts there to get an idea who I am (serious guy with a twisted sense of humor).

With kind regards,
    Zendo

Array

School
    this is a testpost since 2 of my posts are lost in the system

Array

School
    Ok, I see that I can post again...thought for a minute that I was excommunicated.

The below text was posted from 10thplanetJJ.com posted onto BS.Net:
    Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo, 18/10/2009
    When the ranking section is ready to be launched, this is how it will work.

For those of you that are not enrolled in an official 10th Planet school, you will need to post on your 10th Planet profile 10 competition wins on video with a 10th Planet patch on your shorts in every match(you can have other school patches too).

Plus 5 10th Planet technique videos. 1 of all the half guard u know, 1 of all the rg u know, 1 of all the twister u know, 1 of all the deep hook transitions u know, and 1 of all the passes u know, all unedited in one swoop.

You gotta show me how much you know without looking at notes. Then you get a promotion, either blue, purple or brown. Every promotion no matter what color will require the same 15 videos.

Naturally the 5 technique videos will be critiqued alot harder for a purple than a blue, or for a brown than a purple. 10th Planet head instructors that are non black belts can only rank their students to blue.

All Nibiru warriors that enrolled in official 10th Planet schools that are run by non black belts that want to get their purple or brown must be first recommended by their instructor and then submit 5 technique videos to this site.

1 of all the half guard u know, 1 of all the rg u know, 1 of all the twister u know, 1 of all the deep hook transitions u know, and 1 of all the passes u know, all unedited in one swoop. You gotta show me how much you know without looking at notes.

Easy right??

Is this still the correct information?
    I've posted in the instructor/affiliate thread, but technically I don't want to become an instructor (yet), but a TPJJ student.
    I've bought together with my trainingbuddies the DVDs and books and we're training the material. In November I'll make myself also a premium member.
    The idea is to get always first our belt in BJJ (I'm training under Wim Deputter, a Felipe Costa Brown belt) and than do the exam requierements for the same level in TPJJ.
    The idea in the long run (in 5 to 6 years, when I hopefully hit purple) will be to give BJJ and TPJJ classes besides eachother instead of now BJJ and grappling.

And yes, I'm the same Zendokan that posts on BS.Net, so you can check my posts out there if you want to get a feel of me (serious advice, whacky humor).

With kind regards,
    Zendo

I would like to know if this info is correct also, Id like to get working on my UK based MMA gym that I own, becoming an affiliate

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345