Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    That's the worst ref, I've seen!

Array

School
    10th Planet Headquarters
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby Bella View Post
    not that i'm the relationship master but i find it to be a good thing when couples train together. it's a great topic to talk about and if you compete it's always fun to compete together (: my boyfriend that i've been with for quite awhile actually trains not under 10th Planet but under Team Balance & he kicks my ass.. bad. we don't train at the same school therefore it gives us our space & we get to mix our styles together and teach eachother new moves. we swap schools sometimes too, he'll maybe come to my gym once a week or ill go to his. he's about 6'2ft 175lbs, but aside from that his jits game is pretty sick. i'm not the jealous type but once an awhile he'll come to me about his new sponsors and i'm always supportive with the "That's great baby! Good job!" but in the back of my mind im kinda like damniiiit i wanted that sponsor! hahha. but here he is..

thanks for all the feedback though guys! i love hearing about other couples that are involved with jits! (:
    powerrrrr couplessss! lol.

as long as you're always communicating and supporting each other, I think it's fine. my boyfriend is a brown belt, and I don't get jealous of his accomplishments, he inspires me to get better!

Quote Originally Posted by DENNY PROKOPOS View Post
    It can be a positive or negative, I think it depends on the people involved in the relationship. A very wise man once told me to keep them separate because the gym is your place of peace. And so far I have followed his advice and it's been good for me.
    Man Denny where were you a few years back when i needed to hear this.

I started training jits a while back and there was this bada$$ kickboxing Lady in my gym and i would train with her sometimes she was a beast and attractive so when i became single we started dating. Was great for two years. I even got her a job when she fell on hard times at the gym i was teaching jits. then things went real bad fast, things didnt workout but she still had her job which made things weird whenever i went there less people were showing up to my classes because they didnt want to dis her cause they were her friend as well. So i left and move to another location, she moved to memphis for school. a year and change has gone by and she came up to visit only to come up and train and Marcelos where i train, which was weird.

SO im going to go with Denny and JC and say DONT DO IT. its always good at first but if theres ever a break up shit gets weird cause if one of you isnt willing to give up jits ( which we know wont happen ) your always going to have to see one another and its strange as hell.

Live and Learn.
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Quote Originally Posted by John Archer View Post
    Aside from that and a nasty counter left hook she walked onto we never had any problems.
    Bro, domestic violence isnt cool....

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    haha, I teach my girlfriend a technique or two but she isn't ever going to take a real class or anything. I haven't trained in over a month but I try to get my reps in on her haha. I imagine it could create some kind of problem. I'd trust the guys who have actually been there and could tell you.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    VJ, I think you can take him.

Did you just start this thread to show off your bf? You know we're not trophies to be paraded around as a valiant conquest. Y'all are.

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    A River Runs Through It.

Array

School
    Easton
    I dated the captain of a girls roller derby team last summer. She was pretty radical.
    Still, I urn ever so, to find a partner to roll with-dream-come-true. But if we broke up one of us would have to switch schools

Array

School
    Five Stones Fight Club
    i would never just because if things go bad i dont want to be at the same gym as her... haha i would have to start looking for a new place haha

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    If you ever break up, just initiate a smear campaign the likes of which the world has never seen.

Then go munting!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast