Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu

your body should grow WITH the art...

Everyone knows 10th Planet JJ is constantly evolving. But what are YOU doing as a person to evolve with it? I want to know little tricks people are doing to keep themselves in shape, foods they eat that they think are good for you, restaurants you go to that have healthy food options. If you treat your body like shit, then there is no way you can keep up with the constant demand 10th PJJ has on your body. So guys, what are YOU doing that's helping you grow with the art? Post anything you think would be helpful, so that way everyone can learn a little

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    I'll start...

1. I try to get to the gym at least 2 times a week to help supplement my JiuJitsu and other combat arts.
    2. I'm a bigger fan than I was of protein shakes. I think they've helped me with some good muscle weight gains.
    3. Some people discourage it, but if your new don't feel bad about tweaking and refining your Rubber Guard/Twister on lower belts (white, blue, etc...) If your constantly getting stuffed by the big guys you won't get a chance to put the reps in.

I'll post more when I think of them, gonna go grab a bite.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    i will not lie i have treated my body like shit.but i started aug 18th working on it by eating healthy..and on tuesday i gave up meat and dairy...ask the 10th planet guys,last night wile watching UFC at a Restaurant i only had a veggie burger some steamed veggies and diet coke..not even one beer.

started doing this for one to live longer..2 to improve my jj game

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Try to eat clean. Home made so you can control what goes in. My wife is vegetarian so my daughter and I only eat ultra lean turkey or chicken and a ton of veggies. I supplement with a ton a vitamins, minerals, and hemp protein. I also only have carbs after workouts. Biggest meal in the morning. I try to get six smaller meals per day. About every two hours. Water, tea, or coffee in that order. One meal every two weeks I can eat whatever, so I dont slip up. Unless Im cutting weight then it is way crazier. It sucks but the ratio supposedly is 80/20. 80% diet/nutrition 20% gym time.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    im going to start bodyweight exercises soon..(maybe tonight ) and i was thinking of doing yoga or tai-chi

Array

School
    Edmonton BJJ Club / Mundaruca BJJ
    I stretch all that I can, use my bowflex at least 2 times a week, and try to have at least two really good super active play sessions with my 5 year old nephew. Doing handstand, cartwheels and jumping off of play ground equipment is super fun and a great workout. I try to eat good homemade food and when I eat "bad food" it like a sweet not lean homemade burger or something in a butter sauce. If your are gonna eat some "unhealthy food" might as well make it old school unhealthy, like grams used to make.

And my Volcano Vaporizer, the only reason my lungs work like a non pothead

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    Vaporizers must be the shit. I should really get one. But I don't know much about their benefits versus smoking with a bong or a dutch. Someone please explain why a vaporizer is "better" for you. Thanks.

By the way, this is such a piece of common knowledge but anyone who doesn't have access to a post workout type of shake and is looking for a good post workout protein supplement, I recommend chocolate milk. Does wonders for rehydration and packs a few grams of protein per serving.

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    I found rolling helped with the soreness I got from Muay Thai and Muay Thai helped with the soreness from rolling, so by doing both together the volume of work I could do increased and I felt better.

Im all about prehab now. Having someone who knows what they are doing look at your posture, muscle symmetry, flexibility etc and dealing with weaknesses instead of injuries. Prehab being do it before your injured so you dont have to rehab it.

Array

School
    Looking for one - Mississippi
    I personally lift about 4 times a week. I work on conditioning drills like sprints and long distance running usually twice a week in conjunction to rolling. I try to stretch as often as humanly possible. My only trouble is my diet. I know it's my biggest problem but I'm currently having some financial issues and I'm living with a friend's family so I eat what I can when I can as healthily as I can, which isn't that great usually. When I'm on top of my diet it's usually high protein, high carbs, and low fat. Shoot for 5-6 meals. Biggest meal is breakfast of course and I usually cut carb intake around 7 or 8 pm.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Elliott View Post
    I found rolling helped with the soreness I got from Muay Thai and Muay Thai helped with the soreness from rolling, so by doing both together the volume of work I could do increased and I felt better.

Im all about prehab now. Having someone who knows what they are doing look at your posture, muscle symmetry, flexibility etc and dealing with weaknesses instead of injuries. Prehab being do it before your injured so you dont have to rehab it.
    dont know how you do it tim...being crushed,ripping stiches,pulling metal out your body..you are hardcore

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast